The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And loosing their jobs, (IF they work that is):notme:

While legitimate protest is OK, the sheer number of them is overkill.:angry:  Which in a lot of people makes an  instant dislike of whatever its about to the point that nobody cares about the protesters or the protest so little is achieved except alienation the their cause.

Brian

• Agree 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

The start of the second half of our pickup soccer game this morning was delayed by the presence of a bear. There’s a path along a levee at the side of the pitch, and the bear was strolling along that. After a  bit, it went down the other side of the levee towards the river, so we started. The bears are starting to fatten up for hibernation.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Just so long as it's not going to be using one of those 10ft long cameras, and is going to "surprise" you when you sit down on it! :jester::jester:

A bit like a scene from ‘Snakes on a Plane’. :fie:
Always look before you make a deposit.:swoon:

I suppose that’s second nature in some countries.

Robert

Edited by Erichill16
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

' evening all from red dragon land.

Short and sweet. Toot on the flute, picked a few more blackberries, and click n collect groceries, a bit of a catch up on here...maybe elsewhere on Wheeltappers in a bit - and also reminder to 'create food order.' 

Just made myself a mugadecaf.

So an early ' night all and nos da.

Polly

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Just so long as it's not going to be using one of those 10ft long cameras, and is going to "surprise" you when you sit down on it! :jester::jester:

Especially if they didnt believe you when you rocked up to casualty..

"yeah yeah, so  last week you slipped in the shower and fell on the shampoo bottle, today you sat on the toilet and a camera went up ya clacka.."

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I would hope that you have a choice of new supplier.

Sadly not - Bear's supplier has just folded and I found out purely because I'd emailed them to ask for my account credit to be refunded cos' it was starting to creep up.  I then got an auto reply from EDF, telling me that my supplier had folded and EDF had taken over in place of them.  I now have to wait until that account is fully up n' running before I can investigate switching to another supplier,.....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Quite an evening this evening. First of all I had to dodge back home and rush up to the loo which made me late getting to my friends place. There were a lot of road works around South Benfleet where my friend lives which caused even more hold ups. When I got there his lad was still waiting for the taxi to take him to the youth club at his school. As it looked as if the taxi wasn't going to show I ended up taking him to the youth club encountering even more roadworks on the way. Then we had to leave the SEERS meeting early to collect the lad when the youth club finished. I ended up just doing the committee meeting and standing holding the minutes silence for the eight members lost since the last meeting 18 months ago then we had to leave to pick the youngster up.

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

As I’d hoped this morning, I did managed to get 2 top coats of paint on the fireplace, it also fully assembled and now ready to fit to the fireplace wall. But before that, I need to clean off the patio and I also want to paint part of the fireplace wall as well. In between applying the paint, I planted up the plants we bought yesterday. All this was achieved before dinner, I even managed a little bit of work on the engine shed gable end window before dinner too!

Charlie arrived just as we’d finished dinner and we then both headed for the workshop, he carried on painting his latest model, which is some sort of fantasy figurine, with lots of amour and weapons and requires some quite intricate painting. Considering this is only his second model kit, he is doing very well indeed. I in the meantime finished making the gable end window of the engine shed. I then carried on working on the DH tiger Moth, apart from a couple of pieces that can only be fitted when the 2 halves of the fuselage are joined together, the interior is now complete. Most of the interior has been scratch built, as the original 50’s kit didn’t have any at all, but I bought an etched brass interior kit, which included both instrument panels as well as the levers/throttles etc. I gave the interior a coat of paint and will add highlights next week, I just need to add 2 joysticks and I can then glue the 2 sides together. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

There were a lot of road works around South Benfleet where my friend lives which caused even more hold ups

If it was the ones at the Tarpots junction, that was a burst sewage main. There were also diversions in the middle of Benfleet due to roadworks. No idea what for.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Premium

(Just had to clear yesterday's post from the editor)

We had quite a bit of rain yesteday. Values ranging from 2" to 4". The TV reported that a bridge in a village we go to was nearly underwater but we had to check several reports before we heard which road it was; one of the rural ones.

I changed the smoke detector batteries today. The old rule of thumb (or fire department) was every time we changed  into/out of Daylight time but that no longer gives intervls that are anywhere near equal. So I'm doing it on the equinox. Our detectors are also hard wired to the mains, so I don't think the batteries get much use. The removed batteries showed just over 9v.  I have a lighting unit on the railway that takes 9v.

• Like 13