The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all!

The weather - heavy rain (but still warm!). I love lying in bed listening to the rain - dunno why though.

The last few days however have been incredibly hot. Yesterday I decided to go for a bike ride - let's just say, bad idea!

Well as of yesterday our house is on the market! Me and one of my sisters took a look at that property in the village and it is absolutely lovely - a thatched roof and quite a nice light and airy kitchen as well. Plenty of original features including an old staircase (used to be a 1 up 1 down) turned into a store. The house is a lot bigger than our current property and has a large premises attached...

We've all got our fingers crossed!!

It will of course be sad to move out of our childhood home, but as Mum said, if we were to move it would only be to another property in the same village. You really can't beat location (well, that's just my opinion).

Sorry to hear ERs are once again falling victim to sleepless nights and problems with irresponsible and downright selfish people - I really hope you can keep your chins up and try and make the most of the good things!

Jam

I'm not in Dallas/ Fort Worth but here is the weather forecast for the next few days:

Thurs: 109/83, Fri:108/84, Sat: 107/84, Sun: 106/83, Mon:105/82, Tues:104/83.

High/Lows.

It's been 100f + for 33 straight days (the record is 42)

At least the trend is downwards. There is no HOT weather in the UK..................

Best, Pete.

Morning all wherever you be this morning! Back to the normal routine after yesterday's trip to Glasgow. Think Jamie must have a mild bug, she produced more dirt than a NOTW journalist...

And after a nice day where I was able to sit out on the decking yesterday, we're back to standard British summer weather here. Where's my sou'wester?

• RMweb Gold

That's a lovely little piece Pete!

I should really get my hands on some proper music software (or get my mate over who has a proper microphone and some software!)

I like the way you set the scene with the sound effects at the beginning too. I've never put any of my music to a drum beat, but perhaps I should start to do so...

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, just taking a short break from DIY. Alarm went off at 7.00 am and that was when I heard the rain and decided an early morning trip to the recycle centre was off. Woke up at 9.30 instead.

Thanks Robert and Jam. These are my notebook type things for ideas.

Here's one which I thought was less successful! "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah". Jeff Beck once did a track with The Yardbirds where his solo consisted of holding one note on the guitar and twisting it around. My idea with this was to use one word: "Yeah".

#12.1 Movie idea _Yeah, Yeah, Yeah_ for Steve.mp3

I went off the idea when my wife said (critically) "Sounds like a girl enjoying herself surrounded by a bunch of Monks" - which wasn't quite the effect I was looking for - she was right, of course..........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon.

We had a nice day seeing the sights, Matthew bought a litre of beer in the English Garden Biergarten. I managed to get confused by the idiot proof ticketing system and managed to buy three multi-person train tickets instead of one but the nice man at the Hauptbahnhof refunded our money when Aditi explained my error!

We are off to Austria tomorrow. I don't think the journey is supposed to be much more than an hour.

I'm just sitting at the PC as Aditi has gone off shopping for shoes in the mall/shopping centre next to the hotel.

Tony

Morning All,

It is another rather sticky morning here - It has also been raining heavily overnight. I hope the weather improves a bit for the weekend.

Here's one which I thought was less successful! "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah". Jeff Beck once did a track with The Yardbirds where his solo consisted of holding one note on the guitar and twisting it around. My idea with this was to use one word: "Yeah".

I quite like the background piece (the monks) but the "Yeah"'s are a tad distracting. That one doesn't float my boat quite as much as the last one.

The idea of twisting the note around is a good one. Perhaps even connecting a guitar to a Leslie speaker - that should produce some interesting effects.

I went off the idea when my wife said (critically) "Sounds like a girl enjoying herself surrounded by a bunch of Monks" - which wasn't quite the effect I was looking for - she was right, of course..........

She's got a point - one has to say! :laugh:

Have a good day everyone...

Only a week till the schools go back here, BoD. As long as I live I'll never get used to Scottish school terms. Have you any photos of the new layout?

Feeling tired this morning, went to the gym and the swimming pool after work yesterday so didn't get home till about 8. On the bright side, it's Poets Day today.

• RMweb Gold

The quicky Don. Which is turning out to be anything but.

Being in the sort of job I'm in means that during term time there is very little spare time so I guess I must just accept that any project, even a quicky, is going to be a long term affair. Being able to work on it 30 mins here and there though is a welcome break.

Thanks for the reply BoD, but what I found was that it was the planning, doing, making that was the entire enjoyment and not the finishing, so enjoy each half hour or whatever time you get and the longer it takes the better :)

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Back from our vacation in one piece, though missing the sea already... I posted a set of images in this thread, if you'd like to have a look: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/42557-i-must-down-to-the-seas-again-to-the-lonely-sea-and-the-sky/

I'll now have to retrieve the first load of laundry from the washing machine...

Guest Max Stafford

I very much enjoyed your photos Dominik. I too have been to the sea today. I think I've already mentioned my love of the North Sea coast on the Anglo-Scottish border. Although I didn't go right into Berwick today, I wandered along my old stamping ground above the cliffs beyond Spittal.

I have no photos of ships today although I noticed that Tweed Dock was happily in a healthy state with two coasters, one French, one German alongside and one waiting offshore. There were also a couple of lobster boats going to and fro.

After this I went down to Holy Island/Lindisfarne.

I love the otherworldliness of this place (as I think did St Cuthbert!) and rather than go into the village, which was busy today, I thought I'd just wander among the dunes and snap off a few images to share with you. I hope they convey the wonderful solitude and unique location.

If there is an 'afterworld' I hope it's like this; I wouldn't mind walking along here talking to Jimi Hendrix about music!

post-6676-0-75137900-1312580208_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-60809900-1312580230_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-41861900-1312580242_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-94156100-1312580265_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-58095700-1312580285_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-32414600-1312580301_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-80896000-1312580329_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-11769000-1312580352_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-65875500-1312580370_thumb.jpg

post-6676-0-81277300-1312580381_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

You obviously 'get it' about this place too, Mike! I've alway's been fascinated by those upturned boats used as sheds. They appear to have a distinctive hull design. I'd love to know more about them.

Dave.