The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I'm up, I'm not necessarily awake. For some strange reason, maybe the heat, second sleepless night in a row - which is Ok but for the fact it will be another 150 miles driving round Hampshire today. It was hard work yesterday trying to stay awake, feels like it's going to be worse today.

Oh well...

Guest Max Stafford

Strangely I feel quite awake at this hour too, considering most of my working day yesterday was spent in the saddle!

Had some funny dreams last night about close people and places from my past, but not bad. Abi was having dreams too. She let out a big long howl then lots of little barks in the middle of the night. Must have been something in the air!

I'm off now until Monday now, which is nice!

Have a good day, all of you!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Had to take a couple of days off sick as I'm getting pains in my hip which mean I can't put weight down - Dr has checked and said that this is not a serious problem, and is down to an inflammation inside the hip joint (again). I am on quite strong anti inflammatories and hope that once they get hold, I can get back to work tomorrow.

Good to see Mick is bearing up and seems to be keeping a positive face on things.

Not a great deal more to say, so

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Haven't had much time for dropping in as we're either exploring the area or lazing at the beach B) . We've been at sea yesterday, and it looks like I'll be returning with a lot more ship photos than railway ones this time! However, as 3G internet access is not quite as fast as DSL, I believe I shall wait with posting these till I'm home.

It sure is wonderful up here, however – so peaceful when compared to the Frankfurt area. No background hum from the city, hardly any aviation noise either – hard to believe there still are places like this.

• RMweb Gold
Afternoon all, been moving furniture around apparently it now feels more like home,feminine logic fly's over my head.
We can't understand feminine logic, Mick. However, by arranging furniture I guess it is a way of claiming ownership.

It's the female equivalent of you going out and cocking your leg on the local lamposts Mick.

I assume you have already done this? Just to let the neighbours know who is boss.

• RMweb Gold

I'm out tonight doing that - it will either show the neighbours who's boss...

... or I'll be making the next post from the local nick.

Guest Max Stafford

Mick.

Buy a soft toy elephant and keep it on the hall stairs pointing at the door, or just the latter if you're in a bungalow. I've had one for years and it seems to have kept the wolf at bay so far.

I'm superstitious me...!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

I'm in Muenchen and have spent 9€ on some internet access to sort out a few problems for Matthew. He forgot to check his bank balance before leaving and didn't get his phone set for roaming. All sorted now. Yesterday we drovein 5 countries, todaywas only one but Aachen to Munich was a breakfast to evening trip. We'll be exploring the city centre tomorrow, hopefully the rain will stop!

We have an elephant at the top of the stairs but it isn't a cuddly one, it is wooden (it is called Russell) and was a gift from relatives in India.

I'll be taking the red line underground tomorrow (later today I suppose!) for our exploration. I'll do a comparative review with the District Line back home!

best wishes

Tony

Good morning all. What a contrast! Yesterday was a balmy clear, windless warm day. Today there is a gusty wind, cloudy and cold with heavy rain threatening and a forecast maximum of 15C, dropping to 13C tomorrow.

I hope the holiday makers have better weather. Whilst Tony is hoping for the rain to abate, Dominik says he is enjoying beach weather.

I have lived in this flat for 35 years, but have still not marked the lamp posts.

I hope your hip ceases paining quickly Stewart.

Come back soon Gordon. I promise not to mention health issues (until next time).I'm missng your pithy wit.

Morning All,

It is a humid morning here - I had trouble keeping the car windscreen free of mist on the way to work (that's the English sort of mist, in case anyone is in doubt).

I expect a fairly busy day today, so I suppose I had better get on.

Have a good one everybody...

Morning All,

An elephant eh? Well there a guy down the road trying to sell a concrete one painted blue! .........no, didnt think so.

Off out into the country this morning (makes a change from sitting in mega-city snarl-ups)

Enjoy your day

Trev.

Pithy wit? Sad to say not for many months, so many thanks Don, that's made my day....:D

At last sleep patterns seem to be returning to normal and I'm feeling like a human being. I haven't left you guys, just needed to take a break to get myself mentally fit to participate in the razor sharp banter that has epitomised these pages for years.

If you are in Munich, Tony, you will have to sample the beer, buxom ladies and oompah band of the Hofbrauhaus. Try the pork knuckle, it's a killer if you love crackling....

http://www.hofbraeuh...n/index_en.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/habsburg/4655519637/