The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

There was  news footage of mass vaccination centres set up with absolutely no one there all day because there was only AZ, not Pfizer available.

Pfizer worked exceptionally well with SARS-CoVi-2-Alpha. Less so with SARS-CoVi-2-Delta (though it still has relatively high efficacy against serious illness / hospitalization and death). There are breakthrough cases with fully vaccinated people. The US CDC is now recommending a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine, 8 months after the second dose. I should be eligible around Christmas. (I had no reactions to the Pfizer vaccine, though I will say the injection site was a little sore - on and off for a while.)

We will end up with annual CoViD vaccines, much like the annual influenza vaccine.

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I don't drink Malt Whisky when there's no "R" in the month, gives my wallet a rest too.

So come May, June, July & Aug you're like a Bear with a sore head - or perhaps not (see what I did there?).

6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Saw news a couple of weeks ago, Alabaman crowd cheering Marjorie Taylor Greene for congratulating  Alabama for having one  of the lowest vaccination rates in the US , and that if door to door vaccinations were attempted by "the guvmnt" then they'd be met by southerners "Exercisin their secund ammindmint rights" 

Saw news last night, Alabama has now run out of ICU beds......

There are times when feeling sympathy isn't always easy.....

In other news:

Bear has just found this link:

https://www.98acg.top/products.aspx?cid=134&cname=o+gauge+locomotive+kits&xi=1&xc=28

At those prices I'd strongly suggest not ordering anything though......I've a feeling you might just be a little disappointed....

Bear is currently researching suitably sources for boxes of parts which, when assembled, are hopefully capable of rotating and making items which run on parallel strips of metal point in a different direction entirely.....

Bear may get a bit of the G word done this morning, namely the removal of unwanted green things growing where they are not wanted; it's supposedly due to p*** down this afternoon so the window of opportunity is limited....

A bit more fettling and touching-in of paintwork may happen in the kitchen also; I also have the previously mentioned levelling of sockets to investigate.  That'll do for starters I think.

• Like 15
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Right, a more sensible time.

Time to review 'mi list" and choose today's chores.

BBC reckons rain possibly from 10:00 but almost certainly from midday on so outdoor stuff first methinks.

Indeed this is supported by the weather radar. 

Back later, make the most of your day,  whatever it may bring.

Breakfast!

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, NGT6 1315 said:

Cheers all. Currently assembling a few pieces of furniture, so here I was thinking…

You know which actor would be perfect for an Ikea TV ad?

Malcolm McDowel.

:rofl:

GROAN!!!!

:sungum:

Baz

• Agree 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. According to the Microsoft weather app its raining. Oh no it ain't, not a spot has fallen this morning and I've actually visited the back garden. I looked out earlier and saw what I thought was a dead cat. Fortunately it turned out to be a piece of black plastic probably dragged in by the foxes. Muggatee waiting to be drunk, be back later. 

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

Once again I'm late on parade today, but I've been busy working on the cupboard. The other day I did some tests using the rose stencil on a scrap piece of MDF. I found that the paint leeched under the stencil far too easily, so I used a denser foam which seemed to work a lot better. So today I have made 2 stencil pads, each slightly larger than the rose itself. One is Foam, the other has a felt type covering. They are sat waiting for the glue to dry, so I'm doing likewise with a muggertea. Hopefully they will be set after dinner and I can try them both out. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Well a fun morning in the back garden was had by Bear - mass murder of many green things has been committed; I'll come quietly occifer.....

Sadly at the precise moment I'd finished the back garden the sky started to leak, meaning the transfer of activities to the front garden was cancelled - Bear was most upset, nay, devastated at this turn of events....:yahoo:

Din din time now beckons....

• Like 9
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Good Afternoon Awl, although only if the mizzle turns into something definitive and decisive; sunshine, torrential rain, anything but mizzle!

On retirement:

1 hour ago, BoD said:

When Ikea’s owner retired his staff sent him a cake…

905145CD-47CF-4E9C-87DF-735C306D0D4B.jpeg.5705ef0796b0acd2cb2d2e99523f429d.jpeg

It's not flat-packed! :jester:

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

Afternoon all from a wet West Yorkshire.

All outside jobs on hold due to bad weather its August ffs where is the sun there was meant to be an August heatwave happen its had to self isolate.

The majority of the remains of Ferrybridge power station go boom tomorrow morning  the skyline will certainly look very different. We heard the last explosions.

It is being live streamed on the tinterweb so that's where I shall be watching. Pontefract Castle would make a good viewpoint if i could get there 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

its August ffs where is the sun there was meant to be an August heatwave

In our drive over here to Enfield I mentioned to Aditi it was midday in August and my headlights had just turned on. All the people heading the other way to the coast will be enjoying Southend in the rain. 

• Like 17