The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Tony,

Don't forget to turn the stove off! Then have a good vacation...........

Last time I was in Austria I got addicted to a soft drink made locally(though it has been around at least since the last war. Clear glass bottle, directly printed with white ink. Fluid looked a lot like Red Bull but tasted nothing like it - kind if a peachy taste, aerated. I can't remember the name! If you see it write down the name for me?

I resisted from quoting The Sound of Music.............

Best, Pete

• RMweb Gold

I may send the occasional bulletin while away. My wife is taking her laptop as her doctoral supervisor will be contacting her next week. I don't think she will use the computer, it is a "just in case" comfort blanket I think. When we were last there (4 years ago) the Austrian hotel had coin in the slot internet and free wi-fi in the bar area.

I shall look out for Pete's mystery fizzy drink. What does Red Bull look like, is it like cola or clear like Sprite?

I'm haven't cut the lawn yet. Sometimes I get a nasty attack of nausea as a side effect of some medication and today (very inconveniently) is one of those days. It is passing and normal service is about to be resumed!

Tony

Last time I was in Austria I got addicted to a soft drink made locally(though it has been around at least since the last war. Clear glass bottle, directly printed with white ink.

You're not thinking of Almdudler are you Pete? Yes, you were. You beat me to it!

Tony - Enjoy your holiday. Safe travels!

Mick - Hope the CAB went well and were able to give you good advice.

• RMweb Premium

The advice in a nutshell is go bust, with the house £30,000 under the mortgage there isn't a legal way to raise the remainder that I need to pay everyone off. I think I would rather be bankrupt than a bank robber.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all!

Been too wasted to do much of anything last night after the long drive – save for having dinner, that is. However, we've been on the shore this morning in time for the low tide and it was amazing how quiet and peaceful things were at this hour. Later on, I went to explore the harbour, which was just as impressive to watch. Aside from huge ships plying up and down to and from Hamburg, there also were a few big ones moored right here at Cuxhaven. It's unbelievable how vehicles this large can be manoeuvred with any degree of accuracy, I think! :blink:

Cheers everyone!

• RMweb Premium

The advice in a nutshell is go bust, I would rather be bankrupt than a bank robber.

Absolute bummer Mick - it makes my blood boil that you can wind up in such straits through no fault of your own - I am too irate now on your behalf to offer any comments about anything else.

Hope you do manage to work everything out as painlessly as possible.

Regards

Stewart

Guest Max Stafford

I can only mirror Stewart's sentiments Mick.

If ever there was ever a justification for use of a hitman...

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Maybe.... in reality we made mistakes and trusted the solicitor and the 'builder' to do their jobs as well as they could. They didn't and it all went to hell in a handcart. For anyone contemplating having building work arrange insurance before approaching any body about construction.

• RMweb Gold

Not much to add to the above Mick, just feel really sorry that you've been dropped in it.

I see you mention dissatisfaction with your solicitor - if so it might be worth giving the Legal Ombudsman a ring.

From their website:

'The Legal Ombudsman handles complaints about solicitors - if you want to complain about your solicitor please contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333.'

Do what you can, Mick.

If you have to go down - go down fighting.

Phil may be onto something.

The TV people are always looking for stories like yours.

There's a show on 5 with Melinda Messenger and Dom Littlewood that might be worth investigating...

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for all the good wishes, it doesn't feel too bad actually I feel I have let my family down by failing to keep the house but tonight we were all sat outside having a good natured banter session. So although there will not be much to leave the kids they are happy with the new house and living arrangements. Cowboy builders refused to use our story because we could not find any other victims of the builder otherwise we were ideal TV material!

Strangely the two businesses you might expect to let you down didn't, both the local second hand caravan dealer and the local garage did what they said they would and paid what they said they would which made things much easier.

Morning all,

Mick B, Hope all goes well for you, cant really add more to what others have said.

Don (and any one else who's interested?) I'm on West Africa Time, (GMT+1) and 6deg N 3deg E. So tend to get about 12 hour or so of light and the remainder dark. No traditional Seasons here either.

Enjoy your day.......

Trev

Uh, oh. The African contingent are up, nearly time for bed in the America's.

Mick, horrible - but it ain't no social stigma. There's a lot of "there but for the grace of God, go I". Try and keep one adult off to enable a slow return re credit rating. Good luck.

Best, Pete.

Morning All,

It is a nice sunny morning here in Karlsruhe.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Mick - Fingers crossed for you and your family that things will be on the up from now on. The situation that you find yourself in stinks to high heaven.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, been moving furniture around apparently it now feels more like home,feminine logic fly's over my head.Thank you for the support it is only cash we have never had lots with Karen being disabled and at the moment the real worry is FIL having survived the second operation he now has a bug which is giving him the runs.

at the moment the real worry is FIL having survived the second operation he now has a bug which is giving him the runs.

I'd be tempted to say "It never rains, but it pours" - but that's probably the wrong idiom in this case!

Fingers crossed that your FIL makes a swift recovery.

We can't understand feminine logic, Mick. However, by arranging furniture I guess it is a way of claiming ownership.