The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Wet and windy,  and that's outside not in here. 

Not a lot to report, so onwards, upwards and no walk for me today, (fair weather walker) but breakfast calls.

Have a good day one and all, stay safe and keep well.:dancer:

• Like 15

Truly inspiring stuff:

https://thecritic.co.uk/issues/august-september-2021/breaking-the-knee/

Reading about what Shun Fujimoto endured in order to NOT let his teammates down, really emphasises that the current lot of athletes who withdraw at the drop of a hat are a bunch of whingeing, self-indulgent (and indulged in) self-centred t0ssp0ts they really are.

In the case of these modern athletes, never has the old aphorism “if you can’t stand the the heat, get out of the kitchen” been truer!

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

I may end up umpiring at school, in older age group cricket and Eomens and Girls cricket next year.. it would be better for my blood pressure.

Not sure that umpiring womens' cricket is likely to be any more restful.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

5 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

4am. Wind has veered more westerly and now somewhat in the shelter of the main campsite building. However another six hours to go, according to the forecast. Caravan hasn't moved for a while so the buffeting is decreasing.

Wind now 20 not 50+mph. No damage to me, car or van. Haven;t yet been out to see locality.

Sun is out, but staying in today as I don't want to add to the problems with any cleanup should there be any.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A parcel is expected today so I will have to stay in this morning. I don't know exactly whats in it except that it contains an assortment of Oxford Diecast models. Tea has brewed so I'll be back later.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Wind now 20 not 50+mph. No damage to me, car or van. Haven;t yet been out to see locality.

Sun is out, but staying in today as I don't want to add to the problems with any cleanup should there be any.

One tent completely blown away out of 30. All their stuff went everywhere. Possibly lack of guying.

North coast looks to have got it worse.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

....Dad passed away overnight, just two weeks short of his 98th birthday. 

I don't think it has quite sunk in yet, but have lots of phone calls to make. 

Back later. 

I am so sorry to hear that, it's never easy to lose a parent. But I hope his longevity is some consolation to you.

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Flavio, will such a scar improve my chances of joining Captain Cynical's team?

Not sure, we look at what's on the inside of a person, not what's on the outside. Frightening scars and threatening tattoos aren't actually mandatory for my minions. In fact, one of my most psychopathically violent minions (when unleashed by me) has the face and complexion of an angel!

Captain Cynical

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A dull but dry, although we did have some overnight rain. The butchers has already been visited and I have secured a pork pie for my dinner. Over breakfast this morning Sheila announced that she will be accompanying me to the Trafford Centre, so I am now waiting for her to get ready. After dinner the plan is to once again visit the craft shop in Dunham Massey!

Jonny, condolences on your loss. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1