The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit cooler than it has been lately but not much, only a degree down on yesterday but at 22C its still pretty warm. The remaining poppies have now flowered and the honeysuckle is well on the way. There seems to be fewer spiders around this year, perhaps its too hot for them as well.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Danemouth said:

Well my Nissan Note 15 reg hasn 't been very pleasant to drive over the past few days as the air con was not as cooling as it should be:(

Rang my local garage who look after the car and they said bring it in, we'll re-gas it. Just collected it and it's brilliant - at the same time they changed the cabin filter.

The downside was the cost  - £142 - it seems that my car was made in the year when there was a changeover to a newer more environmently friendy gas, which costs almost twice as much as the previous one. Still it's worth it to be in a lovely cool car :)

Dave

Well that has acted as a curse on the weather - Thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast from Saturday:(

Dave

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Good Evening, and I seem to have missed many pages in the last 24 hours!

La vie continue malgré tout!

Elsewhere:

12 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Turned chilly in the night here.

Woken by thecwelcome sound of an airliner takingnoff bound for Amsterdam (or Hamster Jam as the Herbeets called it)

Isn't that where Two Lips lives? ;)

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

As a foot note, and this will please Baz, I was looking out of the Registry office window, watching a cricket match in Portsmouth Ground, to stop my self from giggling half way through.:D

Would that have been The United Services Recreation Ground adjacent to Burnaby Road and the railway embankment, possibly flanked on the Anglesea Road side by The Nuffield Club?

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Good Evening, and I seem to have missed many pages in the last 24 hours!

La vie continue malgré tout!

Elsewhere:

Isn't that where Two Lips lives? ;)

Would that have been The United Services Recreation Ground adjacent to Burnaby Road and the railway embankment, possibly flanked on the Anglesea Road side by The Nuffield Club?

Spot on young man. You seem to know Pompey better than me, and I only live 5 miles away:laugh:, I try NOT to go down there if I can help it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

It's the same with many takeaways that you get litter eminating from them. As folk walk and eat.

There was a kebab shop on part of my round in Castleford town centre that you used to find half eaten remains thrown all over. Discarded kebabs can be very difficult to pick up using litter pickers. On my Airedale round there wss a parade of shops with various takeaways the locals used to have food fights often there were chips all over the floor . It was fun driving the pavement sweeper up there as there was a fairly narrow walkway infront of the shops with a wall and 6 foot drop to one side and the shop front at the other whilst idiots want to try and walk towards the machine. The rotating brushes at the front would do serious damage

20170330_093925.jpg

Edited by simontaylor484
Addition of photo
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

A question if I may be indulged. What is this "pinging" of which many speak?

In context I presume it to be some mobile telephone-enabled contract tracing related to positive CoViD-19 infections but am not sure.

What entity is managing this?

Are mobile phone tower data used to determine proximity, or is this voluntary like deliberate QR code registration?

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 7