The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Just hung the washing out, 28.6c - it'll be dry in 10 minutes.

Visitor induced Covid reaching silly levels here, not sure what people expected.  Businesses screaming for borders to open, facebookers screaming to have them all shot and have a total lockdown.  How about just being careful and sensiblle?

Q's comments make a mockery of being pinged, it is an over the top reaction.  Like farcebook. :o  Seriously, pinging people who happened to be within a hundred yards is just stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

30 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Q's comments make a mockery of being pinged, it is an over the top reaction.  Like farcebook. :o  Seriously, pinging people who happened to be within a hundred yards is just stupid. 

"Computer (app) says no..."

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. Managed to repack the black bag and set it out before the bin men arrived so's all well there then.

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I forgot to say,

Forty years ago today,

I was whisked away,

To a place in the Town,

Dressed like a Clown,

Given some Vows,

And a new Wife,

Forty years Married,

Still chained to the sink,

Just makes one think.

HOW LONG?:scared::scared::scared::banghead::swoon:

You'd have been out by now if you'd committed murder. Happy ruby anniversary to both of you.

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Food supplies have arrived, no shortages just a couple of acceptable substitutions. 
I have hardly been anywhere for ages other than medical places but the venues with QR codes have been dutifully scanned into my phone. One was the garage where I took the car for its MoT and service last December and the other was at the RHS gardens. I didn’t see anyone else ever scan in though at the RHS gardens. Do you have to scan in at supermarkets? 
The other smartphone app used today was my “Test your kidney function at home app” that my GP asked me to do. The result is available very quickly and the results get transmitted to the GP. All very clever stuff. Clearly not written by the people who wrote the system Ian Abel has to use for his new employer. The test did confirm my last few kidney function blood test  results in that I am now back to being normal (or at least kidney function normal) after a few years of not being so.

It is pleasantly warm here with a slight breeze. Our neighbours have a swimming pool they put up in summer. From our garden the recirculating pump makes a noise like a fountain. Aditi said it reminds her of fountains in nice warm holiday locations. She likes fountains. She also likes seeing chickens running about but has to make do with pigeons this year. 
Tony

• Like 16
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good grief - 29.9 c, yes in the shade, but in our admittedly sheltered garden.  Went out on the bike but it is too hot as i won't ride without protective gear on.  So to the car, with a/c, for the messages.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I forgot to mention that I have an appointment this afternoon to view some spectacle frames. Hopefully they will look like the ones in the brochure I asked to see.

• Like 18