The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

t with 1,300 people unaccounted for its bound to rise

Our nephew mainly works in Zurich now but he and his girlfriend were still renting in Tuebingen near Stuttgart as her job there has only just finished. They have been in Germany this week finalising leaving their rented flat.Where they were was just wet and windy though it wasn’t too far from places that were affected. Paul’s girlfriend now too has a job in Switzerland so they can be more settled. It is also nice as her family live in Austria but just over the border. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I have read the latest advice for the clinically vulnerable and because everyone else can be more “normal” we have to be more careful. It is basically shielding again but not called shielding and with less (or no) support. I don’t need any support but it can’t be good for others who do.

I too will carry on wearing a face mask although its not compulsory. I intend to visit a few events over the next couple of months but only those that insist on masks being worn.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

I’ve always wondered if you could check a scammer by ‘accidentally’ giving a wrong piece of information. A scammer would ‘swallow’ all your details and make no query but a genuine caller would not allow you to proceed.

Haven’t really thought it through fully yet any ideas out there?

I have a couple of old credit card bills for long cancelled and paid off cards. I also have an open bank account that I very rarely use that holds the grand sum of 42p.

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I am sick and tired of all the PC carp being thrust down our throats telling us what to think or do and to apologise for everything that our forefathers did in past centuries.

Bear was pondering earlier (as Bears often do) - is referring to someone as being "black" now considered non-pc?  Or is the acceptable term now "coloured".  If so, does that also mean that referring to someone as being "white" also non-pc?  If so, what's the accepted term now?  Technically white is also a colour, but referring to a white person as being "coloured" could lead to all sorts of confusion.

Confused.

• Like 9
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Checked with Dart charge, they owed me £11.20 on my old account. As my card number had changed they couldn't send it back to my account, neither could they transfer it to my new Dart charge account so the only way they could pay it back was by cheque.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear was pondering earlier (as Bears often do) - is referring to someone as being "black" now considered non-pc?  Or is the acceptable term now "coloured".  If so, does that also mean that referring to someone as being "white" also non-pc?  If so, what's the accepted term now?  Technically white is also a colour, but referring to a white person as being "coloured" could lead to all sorts of confusion.

Confused.

The current 'correct' term is black as I understand it. Of course it might change next week and again the week after. I was criticised once for using the word 'coloured', by someone who was always saying how much he hated c***s and n*****s.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, polybear said:

Confused.

In the words of the late Captain Beefheart, "Everyone's coloured, or you wouldn't be able to see them".

• Agree 8
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, polybear said:

Let me guess - and it was the least favourite of all those on your list?

Bear is rapidly becoming disenchanted with his weekly saveloy & chip roll; it doesn't seem to have the taste appeal it used to have, and the ever-increasing price (it's now four quid FFS) is well into "p1ss take " territory.  I can see it becoming more of a once-a fortnight (or less) option in the very near future.

That's better.  I really, REALLY wish I could do that, especially the first bit....:cry:

Piccies?  Yes please.

That's not a car, it's a bulldozer....

It’s  at Grassington, a nice area but very close to Skipton where we’ve been twice in the last month.

was hoping to go to Ayton, near Scarborough where we were last October. Everything we needed was close by including GF chippy. Sydney likes it at the seaside and was going to take him on NYMR.

He’ll have to make do with Embsay Bolton Abbey Railway.

you only live once but if it’s not up to scratch……..

Yes I’m lucky still to have her.

I thought it was a snow plough.

image.jpg.3d611b482d2e3c7e2e37cf126898e8e1.jpg

• Like 17