The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

@NGT6 1315 Dom, I've nothing to offer other than sympathies. Abuse of people at any age is terrible and more so when they are unable to defend themselves being either very young, older people or incapacitated in some way.

Local news has been reporting the story of a 78 year old (who having gone back to work to stay active) was severely beaten in the head on his way home from work. Appropriately or not, relatives released a photograph of him in hospital. It looked very bad and was quite shocking.

I can only imagine how you, and in particular your in-laws, are feeling at this time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

May I add my condolences to Gordon's family; I met him at a few shows and he was a great contributor to both this forum and the hobby. RIP.

Dom; words are trivial and this afternoon before catching up on this thread, I underwent an echocardiagram. It's a good thing the timing worked! If I'd undergone the procedure after reading this news, I would still be in hospital under investigation! Words fail me and my thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you and yours.

As for punishment, I am minded of some medieval practices which, in this case, might be considered inadequate: being boiled live in oil before being hung, drawn and quartered seems too light / lenient a punishment.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I don't know how but I seem to have got through Farcebook a lot quicker than usual so it looks like an early night. A few things to do first then its off to bed.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Night Owl from the Piedmont.

Edit: I sure hope that tomorrow's ER has no more saddening posts; Dom's really did make my eyes blurry.

Edited by J. S. Bach
to do a minor edit.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

The ironic part of yesterday was that in the post a letter arrived for Beth, informing her that she had been caught speeding.  I tried very hard not to laugh., as she had given me some stick over my transgression. Talk about timing.

Were you successful?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1