The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sorry to hear about the untimely passing. As someone has already said it never rains but pours.

Let's just hope that where ever they are they are at peace.

Take care everyone and make the most of your time as it is not who you are but who you share yourself with that is the most important.

• Like 11
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

Very sorry to hear of Gordon's death though it wasn't entirely unexpected. Dom's news was terrible, a truly shocking thing to happen. At least the alleged perpetrator is in the hands of the police.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

39 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Just caught up and seen the terrible news. 

Much sympathy to Dom and family and Gordon and family.

Me too.

There are some real B@stards in this world, thank goodness for the 99.999% that aren't.

As has been said, everything else seems to be irrelevant in such times, so the best I can say is that I hope (maybe know) the storm will be weathered and tomorrow brings a new day.

Unlikely to be back today, stay safe folks.

• Like 5
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Lurker said:

GrandadBob there was a Halls in Paddock Wood where I grew up. It was a timber yard / made sheds etc. Not sure if that was the same company or not. It was right by the railway but it closed in the 90s and now has houses on it. A quick trawl on the web reveals that at one stage the borough council deemed it the most at risk in the area for asbestos contamination because of timber treatment,

Different company to us although we did have several branches in Kent.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Premium

Sobering news. I'm glad I checked up on previous posts before posting my ramblings. It's been a better day than many ERs and their families have had recently. I'll leave it at that and offer my condolences and sympathies to everyone having bad times. I hope they pass soon.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Afternoon all

I would have said Good but earlier news has put paid to that.

I didn't know Gordon due to being new on here but i had interacted with him on his thread. Very sad news.

Dom i cant say anything apart from offer my condolences and sympathy and prayer. Let's just hope the barsteward gets just desserts on the German version of D wing.

I was going to regale you with a tale of my Grandad Bob moment this morning but its not the time 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

19 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Not all of them didn’t last, Park Hill in Sheffield is going to be here some time. It’s a grade 2 listed building, the largest in Europe according to Wikipedia.  I did work on the main road by the flats when I worked for Allens and my first business was next to Kelvin flats between Hilsborough and Sheffield city centre. These were demolished in the mid 90s but I’d already sold the business and moved on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Hill,_Sheffield

I did try to post a response to this last night but the post seems to have disappeared.

As part of the Surveying module of my degree we had to survey South Street Park which is the grassy area that slopes down from Park Hill flats towards the tram lines above Midland station 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1