The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

All this talk of bus destination blinds prompted the recall of the Western SMT one in my (ex) bus. The main blind had a 'Workers' destination, which could be preceded by 5EX on the number blinds. Not that I ever did, of course :mosking:

When I first acquired it, it was fitted with a Timeline Travel blind, and one of the destinations was (Manchester) Arndale. One of its first rally outings was to Meadhowall in Sheffield, now who wouldn't?

Aside of that, a pleasant evening has been had sitting in the summershed drinking some bottles of ale which were bought for me by SWMBO's sister as a recent birthday prezzie. Time for bed now....

Edited by leopardml2341
Punctuation
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Toronto had a few odd destinations. A couple of the loops were named for the street that the cars turned at. Luttrell is the block before the boundary between Toronto and Scarborough. There was a loop a block north of Bloor at a street called Vincent.* One of the car barns was at Connaught street which was used going out of service. Regular users of the lines would know where these were, but the occasional rider might be puzzled.

* Imagine a destination of the street just beyond Oxford Street.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, laurenceb said:

What you gonna do when you have finished the kitchen Mr Bear?

The next job is the front room (as Bear has always known it) - that'll be lounge if you're posh :laugh:

Nothing like as technical a job as the kitchen, but still a refurb job involving plastering, coving, all woodwork, some boxing in of pipework, new radiator etc etc.  Then it's refurb the hall, stairs and landing, which will involve stripping the stair stringers of a hundred years of paint :angry:  - though it might be possible to clad the stringers instead.  Then I'm "done" (and I probably will be....), after that it's just general maintenance/upkeep tasks.  And maybe then I'll get a chance to actually build something that involves parallel strips of metal......

5 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I thought he was coming up north (or should that be south)  to help me with my refit!

That's be after the list above, which should give you a chance to stock up on cake.....

In other news:

Bear has decided on a bit of a "start putting things in cupboards day" today; I also have a new vacuum cleaner to unpack, a serious load of washing up to do and a tiler to message.  That'll do for starters....

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Very grey and damp outside. My game today is at Bardsey. Met Office yesterday forecast it would becdry all day. Nowxscheduled to rain from  11am until 2pm. Match starts at 1pm...well it wontdo that and it may be a reduced overs match. Pah!

@Erichill16 i kept an eye on progress last night.. yorkshire miss their internationals...

Due to watch the Roses match at Headingley from tomorrow.. doesn't look promising weather wise. PAH!

stay safe!

Baz

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A grey sort of day here with outbreaks of rain forecast, some heavy, with the first due in about 40 minutes.

I might not go for a walk then.

Yet another fantastic finish to yesterday's stage of the TdeF.. Can Cav get over the mountains and take the last stage in Paris?  I will continue to watch and hope on a daily basis.

Today's other sporting offerings are two rugby matches this afternoon provided nothing else goes wrong to scupper them.  Sick and tired already about all the hype for tomorrow's football match.  Anyone (except the Italians) would think we've already won it.  I suspect the opposition will get up to their usual pathetic cheating tactics and that's one of the many reasons I no longer watch the so-called sport.

Still feeling a bit rough but can't figure out what the problem is.  Never mind, more tea and some breakfast may help.

After that who knows but of course there is a large Shed at the end of the garden that could be worth a visit.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6

4 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Still feeling a bit rough but can't figure out what the problem is.  Never mind, more tea and some breakfast may help.

After that who knows but of course there is a large Shed at the end of the garden that could be worth a visit.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Hope you feel better soon Bob. Enjoy the Shed visit.:good:

• Like 9
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woken up by Arthur Itis this morning but he was making himself scarce by the time I deployed the Nurofen. I suspect its down to the jabs on Thursday as the covid jabs also woke up Arthur but only first thing in the morning. Happy birthday to Andy P's SWMBO hope the day goes well. Now off to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

Grey and misty here in North Somerset. There may be a little light drizzle, but I can't tell unless I go outside, but I don't want to disturb the greenfinches on my seed feeders. 

ChrisF will be pleased to know that not only does Bristol have a rainbow bus, it also has a rainbow street crossing. He may not be quite as happy to see that, within a week of its completion, it has been vandalised. 

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-07-07/hate-crime-investigation-underway-as-bristols-new-rainbow-crossing-vandalised

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It's was beautiful sunny day here in England's northwest, but it has just started raining, so currently sat in the workshop having a muggertea. Up late again this morning, so straight outside to do some work in the garden. Mainly dead heading, but there are a lot of petals that need picking up, so, before starting, I made a tool to make the job a bit easier. It's a bit like the tool the old parkie's used to carry around with them. Basically, a short pole with a spike on the end, hands up who remembers them eh? It works a treat! 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later.

Brian 

• Like 17