The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, polybear said:

Sounds like an ideal opportunity for coming back as a subbie on reduced hours (3-day week, anyone?) and oodles of LDC tokens....:biggrin_mini2:

'Consultant' - double the money.

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yes  the SAP insulators were paid £1000 a day.. my salary  was no where near that.. but I knew more about the system than they did...

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 19

45 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Yes  the SAP insulators were paid £1000 a day..

Anyone insulating you from SAP is worth 1000GBP per day … and more!

• Agree 6
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

:nono: 

Treble - on an off day. (Sorry, musicians' joke...)

For those able to maintain their baritones, quadruple or quintuple... 

• Like 8
  • Funny 2

Only another 19 pages to go. It still hasnt rained here though the grey clouds are gathering to the south.The humidity is rising though, we have watered the plants with water mixed with seaweed solution a guarantee  it will rain no doubt

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Looks like the echo chamber is back.

@The White Rabbit The Dwp are an absolute nightmare to deal with when i finished work last year they were more of a hindrance than help one advisor tells you to do one thing then another one tells you something different.

@Andrew P I will try to get hold of RM to have a read i often struggle to get Rm recently 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

7 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Another relentlessly beautiful day. Sunny and cloudless afternoons. Highs for the next five days will be around 31°C.

Not a drop of rain in the forecast, which is entirely 'normal' for this time of year, no matter how urgently we could use some rain. Meanwhile there is flash flooding across the northeastern US from a tropical storm.

The 'smoke forecast' is now a daily feature in the evening weather report. We now have large wildfires in southern Oregon. Present conditions mean the smoke is not here in the northwest corner of Oregon.

Despite the conditions, not much is planned. It feels a little weird now that CoViD restrictions are removed, but despite being vaccinated, I feel like some caution is sensible. I think I'm struggling to adapt from isolation mode.

Locally cases have seen an uptick since the 4th of July holiday. Meanwhile (after a study in Israel) Pfizer (who is no doubt very happy with their earnings courtesy of Uncle Sam and is looking for more of the same) is now recommending a booster, sooner rather than later to maintain immunity levels.

Another Chap from your County has been reporting the same issues on his Layout in the Layouts Section.

Sasquatch

Members

3,857 posts

Author

Posted July 1 (edited)

On 30/06/2021 at 22:25, PhilMortimer said:

Hope you're doing OK with that heat you're having out there and that everyone is safe with the heatwave you are having.

Hi Phil.

We're fine thanks. It reached 109F on Sunday here. 116F in Portland and 121F in Lytton British Columbia. Alarmingly Lytton is now on fire and the town has been ordered to evacuate. There's is also a wildfire heading for Weed California.

Monday we went to Cresent City where the tourists were wearing their coats. It's always quite cool on the coast during summer but the sea was really very warm! On the way home we drove past the 191,125 acre Chetco fire site. Very disturbing to see whole mountains burned.

The drought here is another bad situation. Lakes and streams are drying up at an alarming rate.

I fear things are looking bleak for July, August and September.

As for modeling, well I'm just not getting any done. My mojo seems to have melted!

Regards Shaun  

Edited July 1 by Sasquatch

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still no rain but the Windows weather thingy is now saying sunny? Rick mentioned the bus destinations of Loose and Ugley, did they have WI's? The Hastings trolleybuses used to go to Bo Peep and Bohemia. The latter for a 3d fare must have looked like a bargain.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Another Chap from your County state has been reporting the same issues

Yes, that post was from our record heatwave early in the month. The weather is "nicer" now but we need rain - which we won't likely get.

Shaun ( @Sasquatch ) is perhaps about 100 miles from the larger of two big wildfires in Southern Oregon and perhaps about 40 miles from the smaller (but still substantial) wildfire. He is much closer to it than I am.

(Technically we are in different "counties" but are the same state - I knew what you meant though.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate
two wildfires
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Bear spent the afternoon "finally" finishing the boxing-in of the F/F, which was previously reported as finished (IIRC) several days ago - I realised that an extra strip of wood was required at the top in order to provide support for the decorative cornice.  Now done.

The next job is to be the cornice, though I'll give it a rest for tomorrow; I think I'll start loading up some of the cupboards with some of the kitchen cr@p that had been squirreled away all over the house since last August-ish.  This is where I discover that I haven't got enough storage space.......

• Like 13
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still no rain but the Windows weather thingy is now saying sunny? Rick mentioned the bus destinations of Loose and Ugley, did they have WI's? The Hastings trolleybuses used to go to Bo Peep and Bohemia. The latter for a 3d fare must have looked like a bargain.

Oh yes they both have WI's.

Evening Awl, back from you know where, had a major problem with plaster of Paris setting almost instantly. Two batches,  luckily small, set in the pot, strange because It didn't do that before..

This meant total work done, not a lot.

Very misty out side.

Goodnight Awl.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

According to my phone app, there was a 50% chance of rain during most of the morning, this never materialised, instead the weather has stayed warm and sunny, so I did not need to wear a jacket today! My 2 shopping trips this morning were both uneventful, but I am now noticing that there are more and more people not wearing face masks, particularly the younger generation, I assume they think they are indestructible! Darwin Award winners is more like it as far as I am concerned. 

Anyway, I got back from the Trafford Centre just after 11 o’clock, Sheila had got back from the hairdresser’s a few minutes before hand, she heard me pull up and so opened the door for me! So after I’d put away all the shopping I made myself a muggertea, headed for the dining room and had a look at my new book. This passed away an hour or so until it was dinner time. 

After dinner I made a start on the curry sauce that will be for Sunday’s tea. I decided to make double up and make 8 portions, so that there is some ready made for when Mike and Sarah next come round for tea. I also doubled up on the amount of saag aloo, I made 8 portions of that as well, so I have been quite productive this afternoon. 

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1