The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Another day where time seems to have evaporated. There seems to be a lot of traffic on RMweb this evening perhaps thats why? Time to tackle Farcebook, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

I love John Buchans Hannay series i actually prefer Greenmantle which was the sequel to the 39 steps there was a further book the Island of Sheep. The Rupert Penry Jones version was on Drama earlier this week

I also like and have, John McNab and the 3 Gorbals diehards novels.  All good.

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Adam88 said:

I bet the kitchen doesn't match up to the famed new one being installed in Castle PB.

Oh I dunno, that place is a pretty tough Gig to follow.  Bear is wondering how much fun he'll have sliding down the curly wurly banister.....

Imagine the upkeep on that place - keeping it clean, grass cut etc etc.  Must cost a fortune.

17 minutes ago, chrisf said:

At the risk of straying close to forbidden territory I was relieved to hear an announcement yesterday from those who rule us.  It now appears that travellers who are double-jabbed will not have to endure quarantine on returning home from countries on the amber list, which is most of them.  This means that I may well get to Morocco in November after all, and to Switzerland over Christmas and New Year.  It was quarantine issues which scuppered that trip last year.  Fingers crossed, I think.

Though the Great Ar5ewipes were keen to point out that an amber country could quite easily become a red country whilst you are out there. 

In other news:

Bear has the last decorative end panel to fit, which will require planing first as it's a few mm too wide.  Then I need to temporarily re-hang the cooker hood back on the wall (all the fixings are already there) in order to measure the clearance above the worktop up-stand so I can order a glass splashback, which will take several weeks to deliver apparently as I quite fancy a decorative one rather than a piece of plain coloured glass.  The last main job still outstanding at the moment is the cutting and fitting of the decorative cornice mouldings which fit on top of the wall units; there's also the wall tiling, the wall unit plinth mouldings, some wallpapering, two door frames, some skirting....

Beam me up, Puppers.....

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woke up this morning with a sore arm where I was jabbed yesterday and stiff joints thanks to Arthur Itis but he's now gone. A bit of a fodder run today and thats all so a bit of the M word might get done. Muggatee ready so I'll be back later.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1