The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

... sacked from the crematorium, he came to us, ... he was meant to source wood for the Council organised bonfire ...

I wasn't quite sure where you were going with that for a moment. I was imagining some kind of Viking funeral* / wicker man episode. ;)

* I know, they actually buried them in their boats.

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, brianusa said:

This is also happening here in the Seattle area on I5.  Early morning is a dangerous time to be driving under bridges.

I think Ian's was accidental - unlike the hooligans in Seattle. I would have thought there were no highway overpass bridges without high fencing these days (unless the rocks are small enough to lob them over the fence).

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I think Ian's was accidental - unlike the hooligans in Seattle. I would have thought there were no highway overpass bridges without high fencing these days (unless the rocks are small enough to lob them over the fence).

You're from Queensland but cars and rocks come up and you didn't mention Dickie Johnson and  Bathurst 1980!

image.png.f456502bd8a74e8dcf7918236c453f95.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 14

35 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Johnny is now in demand among authors of books on bygone buses to make facsimiles of the blinds.  For some strange reason he blames me.

I presume he is recompensed for his help. What percentage of his fee does he give you?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

Dry and bright here in North Somerset. Quite humid, but no wind. 

Toadstools are now growing in the grass at the back of the house. They must think autumn has arrived, and I suppose the weather has given that impression of late. 

A quiet day in prospect hopefully, as I partook of the ciders while watching the football on telly, and would prefer it if noise levels were kept to a minimum. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

The package I was expecting this morning arrived half an hour ago. Five masks that give 99% protection for when I start going back to visiting exhibitions and swap meets.

Get some vapo rub to put a little on inside of the masks to deal with the soap dodgers 

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5