The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Is this the line that is at the museum at Betws y coed and goes round the lake?

It is. The train goes over the lake across the bridge (left to right).  Part of the track lies between the avenue of trees and the final run comes round in front of the green.

IMG_0625b.jpeg.cf39730b4f44b31b5774da05d6b1f6fd.jpeg

Edited by southern42
Who spotted the double 'and'? One 'and' deleted!
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, polybear said:

...snip... Bear spotted the ParcelFarce van pull up outside - I was waiting on the doorstep (all excited like) for postie to wander up the garden path with my new vacuum cleaner.  ...snip...

Th same happened to me this morning, the letter carrier's van was heard coming down my driveway (note it is a federal holiday today, Independence Day). Two priority mail packages, both models that I was expecting but not until tomorrow. I am happy! :yahoo:

4 hours ago, polybear said:

...snip... I see Bozo is letting the clamps off - I just hope it's not premature....

I saw that this morning and thought "Way too early!", especially with that new variant; besides he needs to learn how to comb his hair neatly!! :jester:

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

We are still being weed on, from a great height.

Oh well onward and up ward, cant do anything about it so enjoy the day as best I can.

Have a good day one and all, stay safe and keep well.:dancer:

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Moring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

and a good night sleep was had, nearly 7 hours with just two wake up and turn overs  I really needed that.

We didn't get the forecast 50mph gales, no sign of leaves torn off, nor any damage to the barley crops, there had been some rain but not a major amount and the roads were drying on the way in.

It was, however, a beautiful sunny drive in and the air had been cleared by the rain we did have.

I notice airlines are still going to enforce the wearing of masks, I hope other public transport and shops do too, as for the rest.. It makes no difference to me..

Still puzzling on how to do the hand controls for Blue Moon's Steering.. I've Just been looking at a Sopwith Camel's control mechanism for Ideas..  One thing they didn't need to do was arrange the steering, so If I'm sat on the side deck I can still reach the steering for coming into the quay heading.. Hydraulic / electric systems like modern aircraft would be too heavy, illegal, being classed as outside assistance.

The Air flows in the outer lab have improved, there was an Airlock sticking out into the outer lab, an 8ft X 8Ft corridor with doors either end. This has been removed and I believe they are not reinstating it in the new door position. It caused the small area beyond to vary in temperature more  than they'd like.

Time to.. do more research on steering while waiting for this high resistance measurement to settle..

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, chrisf said:

You should be really proud to have that young lady as a member of your family.

Chris

Absolutely, you should indeed STH!     

Alan

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, from an unexpectedly dry rock, rain seems to have dodged around us. 18c too.

@Pacific231G As I lived in Shields I got sent to Riversdale!  Got as far as Class 4 combined and of course Class 2 Part A from the phase 3.  Degree came later in life in a totally different subject - HR!  I have a photo somewhere of the little Ruston actually moving along the pier railway, just before it was sold.  I later saw it at the Yorkshire Dales railway, not sure if it is still there.

Aha found them.  Taking a risk on here.....

1192545221_pier(1).jpg.c3d307c994a77e77bd62df912ddf3f75.jpg

638590700_pier(2).jpg.04b92fe3eac2f0823bfb65682f91316d.jpg

I thought at first that was an old shed on the second wagon but it appears to be a crane.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1