The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

On my MacBook Air, goto History and select "Reopen Last Closed Tab". Not that I have ever remembered to do so!

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Where is the blooming typical button when you need it

Next to the late lamented 'Groan' Button!!

• Agree 13
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. No TV on this evening so no idea whats happening with the kick-ball, neither do I care. But there's some sort of celebration going on outside, I hope they're quieter by bedtime.

6 minutes ago, southern42 said:

On my MacBook Air, goto History and select "Reopen Last Closed Tab". Not that I have ever remembered to do so!

Thats what I do on my PC (Google Chrome). Best thing is to bookmark the page.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

That must be your over 50s insurance plan - according to the TV adverts they get mis-directed all the time so the neighbour can call round to deliver it by hand and they get a lecture about how good the policy is. I'm surprised that Royal Mail hasn't complained to Advertising Standards as it make all our postmen and postladies look incompetent . . . . 

And you don't even get the attractive carriage clock to console your self in your impending doom.

In other news the storm has passed without waking the youngest or Rolo the dachshund that counts as a result. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

They were 'a little' surprised to find the MER isn't a preserved railway using 'tramcars' from elsewhere, but a still-operating artifact of the rock's past with original equipment still in use,

Are the Mercury arc rectifiers  still in use at Laxey(?) section feeder station?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

On 02/07/2021 at 20:32, simontaylor484 said:

The driver shortage  would possibly be regional too, there used to be loads of driver vacancies around the M25 area but we always had a waiting list of drivers wanting work in the Barnsley area. Wages have been squeezed as haulage rates have been squeezed to keep prices low for the end consumers.

I’ve a friend who’s an agency worker and seems to be ok for jobs. He spends quite a bit of time working for Thorpes in Thurgoland shifting steel about. Not sure how busy he’s been recently though as I’ve not seen him for nearly a year.

Robert

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Erichill16 said:

I’ve a friend who’s an agency worker and seems to be ok for jobs. He spends quite a bit of time working for Thorpes in Thurgoland shifting steel about. Not sure how busy he’s been recently though as I’ve not seen him for nearly a year.

Robert

They were one of our competitors i worked for Truswells

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

19 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

They were one of our competitors i worked for Truswells

Bet they don’t do MOTs though.

Another  friend of mine  worked for Truswells, John Marples.

Edited by Erichill16
  • Like 7

Evening All,

Firstly great gesture by Dave Hunt and beautiful models they are.

Had Sydney round for most of the day. Got soaked this morning when we took him for his morning consultational but the weather picked up this afternoon so we took him for a longer walk that included a visit to the garden centre. In between I decided to have a look at the books and shocked myself as to how far behind I am with them, better get a shift in tomorrow. I did watch the ‘beautiful game’ this evening though this wasn’t a beautiful match, good result though.
Some kind of ‘special’ is coming through the woods near me tomorrow and as Sydney likes that sort of thing I intend to take him for a look.

Went down to Newark yesterday as it’s recently been my sister’s and niece’s birthdays so a small family celebration was organised. 
Goodnight,

Robert

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Cricket was played. A 30 overs per side game with lots of bish, bash, bosh hitting. A good game to umpire and play in..

Youngest Herbert also got a game in.. 53 runs off 23 balls then bowling at about 4 an over.. his team won! Hurrrah!

Time for some sleep.. but first RIP Owen.. a great mate and   colleague...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14