The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Just had a Farcebook friends request from a young lady with a photograph of a voluptuous young lady with oriental features. As usual I deleted such requests and blocked the sender but before doing so I noticed it was from a male.

• Funny 18

If I wanted to post something new I would have to clear the editor again today, but as I don't - I've left it 'as is'.....

Mornin folks.

I don't have much to report except for the usual South Derbyshire 'grey', so it's back to keyboreding and 'another day at the office'.

'til later.

• Like 8
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Good noontime all

I know the Tour de France isn't to everyone's taste (for me it's as close as I'm likely to get to seeing the French countryside this year) but, looking at the timings for today's sixth stage, it includes, at 65.5km to go, Ecueillé at 56.7 Lucay-le-Male and, at 46.1 Valencay, all three in Indre.

Ecueillé happens to be the HQ of the preserved southern section of the metre gauge Blanc-Argent railway, Luçay-le-Mâle used to be where it met the section of the line still in public use. Valençay   is now the southern end of the section still running as a public railway since SNCF closed the section between there and Luçay, a section which the SABA preservation group have been working to take over and may have done by now.  Whether we'll actually get to see any of the line today is anyone's guess as the route doesn't actually appear to cross the line but preserved railways are generally quite good at putting on a bit of a show when the Tour passes close enough to them. 

I used to imagine (not seriously)  that TV directors covering the tour were under orders to avoid showing railways because they're sponsored by car makers. The sad truth is that the real reason you see fewer railways (either when the route runs alongside or when it crosses them at level crossings) now than ten or fifteen years ago is because so many of them have disappeared. While the branch lines had mostly been goods only for decades, they were still at least  railways but the all conquering truck has now swept most of them away.  

Edited by Pacific231G
clarity
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Good to hear that @chrisf's scan went well and he hasn't irradiated half of Milton Keynes. Bin day today with the lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon in full voice to start the dawn chorus.

Your lucky, were not aloud to put glass in our Bins, it has to go to a Glass Bin down the Road, which is always overflowing onto the Pavement / Sidewalk / Footpath.:banghead:   SO, a car journey is reqd every few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Update on my diabetes review. The nurse said she was going to talk to my GP about my willingness to carry on with metformin for a while as it was was dealing with blood sugars nicely although there were side effects. At 5pm I had a phone call from the nurse who following discussions with the gp who thought  I should change to an alternative medication and has already transmitted the prescription to the chemist. All I have to do is collect the tablets and a couple of blood test forms. I really can’t complain at all about how I am looked after here. 
Tony

Can I see your nurse drac.. Still waiting for the outcomes of my review 3 months ago....

Baz

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

empagliflozin

That did not suit Aditi at all! The diabetic nurses thought it may help her but it didn’t . They found another medication which was fine. Being at work, grabbing snacks instead of proper meals didn’t help her diabetes one bit. Since retiring she has had good control. 
Tony

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PupCam said:

......although I'm still waiting for a certain bear to show up in person bearing :lol: copious quantities of LDC*.

A certain Bear was under the impression that the legendary generosity of Puppers would be displayed with oodles of cake provided.....:biggrin_mini2:

* Pupper's "Cake of Choice" as mentioned previously by another ER is actually Bread Pud hint hint @polybear 

Noted....Bear has no idea when BP was last sampled.....10+ years?

I have another CT scan on Friday and a scheduled cardio consultation in October!    I will be phoning the hospital up later next week to try and bring any pronouncements and action plans forward because I can't be hanging around like I am now till then!

October??  That's just silly.  American Express?  That'll do nicely, Sir (does Puppers still have the Credit Card from the Great Empire....?)

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

.......Yorkshire caviar .....

Let me guess - Mushy Peas?

• Like 16