The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

I purposely put up the short version , there is an 8+ minute one available if any one wants to see more .

The full length version is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0jX5TMs0Q together with some other clips. Two points about it, the abandoned car belonged to the chap in the blue shirt running up and down like a headless chicken. He stopped, got out and ran back. Then he tries to get back to his car and then sensibly decided to stay away. When the police car arrived the fires had momentarily died down. Undoubtedly some of the other clips were of fatal accidents such as the tanker overturning going to fast around a sharp bend, the top of the trucks cab was ripped off down to the bottom of the windscreen. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

Afternoon all

A bit of the g word has been carried out today followed by cleaning my loppers,secateurs and my shears for box trees. I used white spirit and scotchbrite to dissolve the saps couple of sprays of WD40 and then a couple of passes with my sharpening stone.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Only 50 pages left until our Big 10,000. Who will make it onto that landmark page?  When will it be?  On or about 15th July at the present rate of friendly dribbling :)  

Sorry but you have completely lost me now........

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Sorry but you have completely lost me now........

Rick is predicting when this incarnation of Early Risers will reach 10000 pages. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 15

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Those of you who have been or are in the passenger transport industry, buses in particular know that running early is a cardinal sin but running late is acceptable with a just reason.

“Ticket* for running early, medal for running late.”

* Disciplinary notice

• Like 14

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

:clapping:England 2 Germany 0.

As someone who is 8 hours behind the live action, could I ask that football information is kept in the ‘Football Focus’ topic? Having managed to get to halftime in the TV rerun of the game here without knowing the final score, I was flicking through RMWeb in preference to listening to the studio pundits, purposely staying away from the ‘Football Focus’ topic, when I came across this post. <_<

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, pH said:

As someone who is 8 hours behind the live action, could I ask that football information is kept in the ‘Football Focus’ topic? Having managed to get to halftime in the TV rerun of the game here without knowing the final score, I was flicking through RMWeb in preference to listening to the studio pundits, purposely staying away from the ‘Football Focus’ topic, when I came across this post. <_<

"England F":

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

Good evening all, for it was!

Sarcastic thanks for publishing hereon this evening's result; tomorrow will be totally insufferable at work and on a day when we need to start concentrating on the task in hand for the next few days rather than mere mundane trivia! <rant over>

Thanks for the warning, though!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16