The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

'tis raining for the first time in what seems like weeks, we are sat here discussing it's merits, I got up to go to the kitchen and remarked "you do know you have a line full of washing out there", never seen her shift so quick lol(and yes I did go and help).

• Like 12
  • Funny 7

BIN day, remarkably quiet again this week, I must've missed the memo that they're all starting midday in future! :jester:

Yesterday a non-event.

Today will taxi driver the Mrs to/from her chiropractor appointment, and that's about all.

For work, staff at the Long Island client have returned from vacation and are madly adjusting figures on financials, so I'm charged with making the reports show what they NOW think it should all look like! :O

Miserable weather today, 22 and very humid to start, high overcast with only 20% chance of precipitation and high in the 31-33 range with high humidity. :(

Onward...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Sitrep......

The Sydney delta outbreak grew by 11 today, although pretty much all have been linked to other cases so  spread so far doesn't seem to have got out of control.

In response we are all wearing masks inside including workplaces and we can't drink standing up.

Oh and we've all done that toilet paper thing again for some unknown reason.

My local Woolies just now.

PXL_20210624_080535964.jpg.9d66373f483d93099b28fc2b063a02f3.jpg

is that because you can no longer do something else standing up either?

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

I see that Silverstone is to be a pilot event with 140,000 attendees, among whom will be the Lurkers.

Curious about this as I've just seen the report over here.

Seems a conflict with the other situations over there, so what is the, non-political please, slant/view of this.

Strikes me, from a distance as at odds with everything that's happening?? Is it another case of money talks as seems to be the case here with many things?

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

The dry warmth has remained all day, but I did exchange the Shorts for Jeans after lunch as it cooled a bit.

The lawn has had a trim as we have 5 days of rain forecast starting tonight, so it had to be done.

Now for a browse around on here for some inspiration on M....g front.:swoon:

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Bear's roofers rolled up around 11 this morning, but soon cracked on...until half three.....:angry:.  Still, the chimney has now received another coat of paint in various places and is looking good.  A couple of ridge tiles remain to be fitted (why didn't they finish that today??) and around 30 or so roof tiles - if they'd worked until 5 the roof would be done.  Still, I'm paying for the job, not by the day.  They're back tomorrow - they may get wet....

Bear progressed well(ish) with the kitchen - the "frame" on the right hand side of the F/F has been carefully planned, measured, scribed to the wall, planed and then secured to the wall using adjustable L brackets.  Tomorrow will see attention turning to the panel above the F/F, which will fit between the two vertical "frame" pieces.

In other news:

Here's one way to sort a problem :laugh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-57598101

• Like 19

Our last trip to the Dominican republic was cheaper than Tenerife at the time we went. Prices seemed to go silly in the Canaries I suppose it was a response to holidays to Tunisia and Sharm el Sheik being off the agenda. Anyhow it enabled a bucket list destination to be ticked off. We got married there we always said if we had kids we would take them. Our eldest was conceived there he is 17 tomorrow 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Since the extended eye lid inspection this afternoon everything seems to be running late. Only just about to start on Farcebook so will probably be up late.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3