The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The diseasle service does not run that way and I'm not sure that the 166 units now used are even passed for the route via Botley though they should be.  It's a standard diversion used when the lines through Southampton are closed.  

There's a late evening GWR service each way that goes via a reversal at Eastleigh.  The Eastleigh stop isn't shown in the GWR online TT.

And a belated Happy Anniversary to Baz and Mrs Baz.

Edited by petethemole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land.  Bright and sunny first thing this morning but clouding over now, pollen count is predicted to be high but I'm not noticing anything yet. Re Terry Wogan's modelling career. It was very brief during his impoverished student days, advertising knitwear.

image.png.4badb4b3582e51e56477f0072a212dd5.png

Yes that is Terry Wogan, I can understand why he kept it quiet.

• Like 17

Good Thursday one and all.

Great to see a proper post from Bob, @grandadboband I can rest assured the world in Sutton is almost normal.:good:

That warm thing has appeared up above again, so it will be on with the shorts a shortish walk to move the joints after the body has been washed and freshened up somewhat.

Have a good day one and all, stay safe and keep well.:dancer:

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, polybear said:

I've still got loads stored by the side of the conservatory.  A quick look on google maps suggest the place is no longer there.

I thought you were going to say that you could see the pile next to the conservatory on Google Earth.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 17

24 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

It is a pleasant sunny morning here. I filed the bird feeders last night and they were almost empty this morning. The jackdaw family have discovered the suet balls and the flock of baby starlings ate everything else. I am not complaining, going to the shed and getting bird food can be part of my daily exercise. 
One of the medications to prevent side effects from one of my heart tablets in conjunction with the diabetic medication has a side effect that will probably require Imodium if we are to go anywhere today. I am certainly not going anywhere at the moment!

Tony

Is there a way too much information emoji anywhere...........................................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 9

Morning, late on parade, awoke at 6 am, went back to bed for a snooze and slept in, obviously needed it after the exertions of fishing yesterday, clambering up and down steep river banks in waders, in chest high stinging nettles is starting to get a bit too much, I might go Salmon fishing next week, they cut the banks to make them accessible lol.

Good luck with your rugby team at the weekend GDB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14