The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
On 22/06/2021 at 02:14, TheQ said:

We can compete in the same race, they will always win the first over the line trophies but I can beat them....on handicap...

Especially if you use your Handicap Spreadsheet that seems to alter each time you look at it !!:D

On 22/06/2021 at 07:02, TheQ said:

strange / old registration plates, one is three letters three numbers and the other is 4 numbers 2 letters on a GB registration plate the RU letters on that don't seem to be from Northern Ireland..

I seem to recall this is common for coach operators - when the vehicle is new they like to show off the latest registration number but after a couple of years they will reregister the coach with a non-age related number so as long as it looks clean, their customers don't realise it's years older than those used by competitors.

21 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Do we like the new font in here?  Or is it just me that's got it?  It seems easier to read.  

Been away for a couple of days so only now catching up - but the font is identical to what I remember from last week. Is yours still different and if so, I wonder why ?

12 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

A50 drivers permitting. For some reason it would appear that whatever car I drive I seem to have the ability to create an invisibility  cloak for it, I first thought it was just my own car; it would seem to apply to hire cars too.

Road closed west bound twice in a week - we were stuck for half hour going to Uttoxeter Friday (recovery of a broken down lorry) and returned from Lincolnshire yesterday  just after the road was fully opened again - closed from Hilton to Sudbury due to accident and injury to a motorcyclist - police are looking for the driver of a Citroen Picasso based on debris found at the scene.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Morning all.

Very slow day today.

But then I was super speedy catching up at work earlier.  Perhaps I should have spread the jobs out a bit.

Was poorly last week with some sort of stomach bug that really took it out of me for a few days.  But it's Pay Day on Friday, which I thought was in another week or so that's a bonus.

Need to tidy the model railway room and get back on it this week too.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 22/06/2021 at 07:02, TheQ said:

The journey to work is now enlivened by two massive coaches with a local companies name on, triple exhausts, a pair of rear axles which appear to have some sort of steering mechanism, towing fittings and strange / old registration plates, one is three letters three numbers and the other is 4 numbers 2 letters on a GB registration plate the RU letters on that don't seem to be from Northern Ireland.. Anyway, they are extremely slow on corners, particularly roundabouts, but hammer along quite swiftly on the straight which makes them a bit difficult to overtake.

The RU registrations were issued by Bournemouth from August 1962 until January 1964. IIRC several coach operators there had new coaches with such registrations. Its likely that it came from an old coach that was either scrapped or given an 'age related' registration. If you wish to transfer a registration the donor vehicle must have a valid MoT which means that several preserved vehicles have been scrapped because the registration matches someone's initials. I would love to have the registration that was on my first car, scrapped many years ago but DLVA will not allow it.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a nice sunny morning here. I have already been out to post a large letter for Aditi and deliver a sample to the doctors surgery for her too. I was careful not to mix them up. They have a contact free system for leaving samples and collecting new sample containers.  One is a pedal bin, the other is a cardboard box. 
Aditi is off for a blood test after lunch. These tests are for a diabetic review. Mine is next week. I wasn’t asked for a urine sample, so far just blood tests and the retinopathy ( which was fine, no problems found). 
Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The change in the weather bought Arthur Itis out to play so a brace of Nurofen has been taken. Filled the car up earlier when I went to Tess Coes, the price of petrol seems to be going up almost daily and thats without the usual summer holiday price hike. When I was commuting by car there was a noticeable rise in the price of petrol whenever the school summer holidays arrived. Tea has brewed so be back later.

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1