The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Happy Lunchtime all 

A day of two halves thus far. The passing of two friends was advised overnight. Quite unrelated and sadly coincidental. 

The mail brought confirmation that I have finally got some work into print. Enough of that here but notable enough to record. 

C2106383-1956-4F21-BB5C-B93084F3B6DB.jpeg.ce57d723f17a732a77ab365dff1a7996.jpeg

In other news the horse-chasing fans are back. Royal Ascot is permitting 12,000 a day into the course. The House of Fun welcomed the first of the week’s topper, tails, frocks and fascinators.

This will be followed by the Wombletown ball-bouncing championships for which a full house is being allowed under certain conditions for the finals. 

Some semblance of Summer-As-Usual is back. 

I need a visit to Specsavers, I read your last line as = Ann Summers is back:P

• Funny 17

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

e sensible to have a booster

When they first started giving older people the pneumonia vaccine it was thought to be “for life”. My mother was offered a booster when she was eighty something and she mentioned the “for life” and was told it was now recommended and most people didn’t live to her age anyway.  
Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I mentioned the shortage of salads a few days ago. On the news this morning one thing that there is no shortage of is strawberries. In fact their is a glut and even the supermarkets are selling them at knock down prices.

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

I remember  euro96 well. We had lots of extra officers on duty, just in case, so I came up with a cunning wheeze to keep them gainfully employed. At 3.10pm just after mick off we raided the homes of the biggest 3 drug dealers on the Chequerfield estate in Pontefract. Simon will know it well.  We actually got a round of applause from the neighbours as we took the scrotes away.

Jamie

More a case of nick off than kick off.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

Yes Jamie i know chequerfield well, the Mrs was from on there.

The great clear out has continued the skip was exchanged early on bags arrived too.

Just seen crowds at Queens watching Tennis but you can only have 30 at a funeral or weddings are restricted you cannot make it up. Ps I find tennis pointless

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

I'm just wondering where she's been .....

2 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Furloughed?

If she is suffering from furlough I can recommend Wilkinson Sword Sensitive disposable de-furring devices :jester:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

10 minutes ago, PupCam said:

Oh, beautiful plumage the Norwegian Blue ...

As long as it's just nailed to the perch and not pining for the fjords!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Is that from personal experience?

That would be telling.  The other party (no-one we know here .....) might also consider it to be TMI ;) 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 7

Oof!

What a busy day!

And was supposed to be my day off.

I'm not sure if the weather is just hot hot hot or I'm not used to it.  I'm sure it's really stuffy at the moment, which doesn't help with the heat.

At least the cool air of the evenings seems to cut through it.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had to throw some food away earlier, some of the contents of the fridge had gone mouldy, almost certainly down to the fridge being accidently being turned down. Still had enough to make dinner even if it was cold which is preferable in this weather anyway. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13