The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Interestingly, given a "budgie" isn't a common term for those small birds, the equivalent clothing item here is referred to as a "banana hammock" :) :) 

Hmmm, I have never heard that term at any time in my life; even when I lived in south Florida.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

now why that piece of music?

A stunning piece of music from a very talented person, taken far too young.

What a beautiful voice and talent she had.

I've gone all maudlin now, seem to be doing that a lot lately ....

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear pondered that, then settled on:

"Just F*****g Do It"

There are no flies on bear .....

• Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Apart from doing a bit of shopping I've stayed indoors due to the hay fever. 

6 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

It was regards office accommodation and social distancing.

One covidiot who is not going to accept the vaccines out of choice, was complaining (incorrectly) that the company's guidelines for working in that office meant that in the course of his job he would have to work in close proximity to others.

My response was that he should wear a mask and use other protective measures, again as required by company procedures. His (smart arse) response was that a mask won't protect him, only others; my response - "As you have chosen not to be vaccinated you should take steps to protect others when working in close proximity - in that way you will comply with company guidelines and do your bit for humanity to protect others despite refusing vaccination"

Another colleague chimed in at that point and my response was in no uncertain terms JFDI - end of and if I catch you not doing you will be reported.

Perhaps not exactly the bloodbath you might've anticipated, but certainly an indication of my vulnerability to losing it due to being under the weather :)

If it was me I'd call in HR and remind them of their obligations under the health and safety act. Either he is sent home or the rest of the staff walk out. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it seems that the UK are having trouble floggin' the good 'ol British Banger.  Never mind, all the more for us......

:D

In other news:

Tomato Plants re-potted :yahoo:and Bear has commenced cutting and fitting the plinths to the kitchen base units. S'pose I'd better finally decide which type of granite I want for the worktops and get around to ordering them....

The Bearmobile is all loaded with stuff for the Charity Warehouse and Bear has a delivery slot booked for tomorrow.  After that Bear plans to visit some friends for a couple of hours - exceedingly unhealthy quantities of cake are sure to feature, and I wouldn't be surprised if a large goodie bag of yummies heads in Bear's direction upon departure.  It's a tough job, but some Bear's gotta do it.....:laugh:

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, polybear said:

Well it seems that the UK are having trouble floggin' the good 'ol British Banger.  Never mind, all the more for us......

Has someone been watching Yes Minister?

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

E‘ning all. Gotta report for eyelid inspection duty soon, but not without posting a round of thoughts and best wishes to anyone who might need them.

And as I’m in a somewhat wacky state of mind tonight for whatever reason, may I just leave this here. I certainly haven’t heard this one in many years! :jester:

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, NGT6 1315 said:

E‘ning all. Gotta report for eyelid inspection duty soon, but not without posting a round of thoughts and best wishes to anyone who might need them.

And as I’m in a somewhat wacky state of mind tonight for whatever reason, may I just leave this here. I certainly haven’t heard this one in many years! :jester:

Gee thanks Dom, I reeeeaaallly wanted another ear worm.

Jamie

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

... and pruned ...

EV towing

It may not be much help in the UK, but here in the US, the Ford F-150 Lightning deliveries in the U.S. are scheduled to begin in spring 2022. Towing capacity is 5,000 lbs / 2,267 kg with the extended-range battery and the Max Tow Package is 10,000 lbs / 4,536 kg.

It will be expensive.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
Fixed error
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

16 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

That's a serious towing capacity for an electric vehicle 

Actually I was mistaken - 5,000 lbs is the "Heritage" version, meaning the 5.4L V8.

I found this:

The standard-range Lightning will be able to carry a maximum payload of 2,000 pounds, which is standard for a base F-150. When equipped with an extended-range battery and the Max Tow Package, the truck will be able to tow a staggering 10,000 pounds

Not sure what the range is with a 10,000 lb load.

All that torque is a good thing in a truck and the EV F-150 is a serious truck - it has to be or no one will buy one.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Dinner tonight was pork pie and salad. A bit low on the salad as Tess Coes were almost sold out except for tomatoes. Now time to put the kettle on, be back later. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It may not be much help in the UK, but here in the US, the Ford F-150 Lightning deliveries in the U.S. are scheduled to begin in spring 2022. Towing capacity is 5,000 lbs / 2,267 kg with the extended-range battery and the Max Tow Package is 10,000 lbs / 4,536 kg.

It will be expensive.

Unless (a) the price of leccy vehicles comes right, (b) the range improves significantly, and (c) charging is sorted then this Bear predicts a rush for new vehicles with i.c. engines in the last year prior to them being banned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 17

7 minutes ago, polybear said:

... this Bear predicts a rush for new vehicles with i.c. engines in the last year prior to them being banned.

I suspect you will be right there, though in the US there is no date for banning internal combustion. The push is to build competitive EVs and infrastructure.

7 minutes ago, polybear said:

Unless (a) the price of leccy vehicles comes right, (b) the range improves significantly, and (c) charging is sorted

Relative to the F-150 EV

• (a) Pricing

the standard-range model will start at $39,974, before any federal or state tax credits, while pricing for the mid-range model begins at $52,974. 

I did see an estimate of $90,000 for a fully loaded version

• (b) Range

Ford targets a 230-mile range for the standard Lightning and a range of 300 miles for the extended-range model.

• (c) Charging

Topping up the truck at home should also be a breeze thanks to an included 80-amp charging station that can add an average of 30 miles of range per hour and fully charge the truck from 15 to 100 percent in roughly eight hours. On the road, you’ll be able to add 54 miles in 10 minutes using a DC fast charger, and go from a 15- to 80-percent charge in about 40 minutes.

On balance, the pricing, range and charging issues are being addressed. Pricing is perhaps the most sensitive.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 6

Another day done, one more tomorrow for this week, which is good as I have a lot to do in the garden still.

Anyone looking at it may think it's finished but there's always something to do.

I need to get more done on the model railway too but I'm too busy printing board game things in 3D.  Muchos fun... until one of them went all weird today :(

While it's trial and error, I do see a lot as money down the drain.  Even though the materials are fairly cheap, it's still wasted as well as electric and more importantly... time!

• Friendly/supportive 17