The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear started recommenced work on the dishwasher installation, only to be hit by the sudden realisation that the instructions tell you to wind the dishwasher upwards until it contacts the underside of the worktop....

Only there's a slight issue here - the dishwasher is positioned beneath the sink drainer, meaning no worktop for much of the area directly above the dishwasher cos' the worktop has a bl00dy great hole cut out of it to accommodate the sink...:banghead:

So work on fitting the door panel has been postponed until the worktop is fitted - I need to be sure of the exact dishwasher height before fitting the panel, otherwise it might not line up with the doors either side of the dishwasher.  It also means the dishwasher securing screws can't go in yet either.  None of which is a serious issue on the grand scale of things though.

It's hissing down outside :angry:, so cutting the tall decorative end panel is postponed too.  So work on that will be restricted to unpacking it (again) and offering it up so I can mark where it needs adjustment.  After that there's painting of the edges of two small decorative panels to be done - I was waiting to do all panels in one hit, but now it's raining I'll split the job in order to make progress.

Bear's favoured Roofer is supposedly appearing shortly in order to give nearly new neighbours a price for sorting their roof gulley (valley?) - Bear hopes to take the opportunity to talk to him about re-felting my roof (probably next year?) at the same time.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land.

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all. 
We are only a few miles east of PhilJW but it is pouring here. 
Tony

Started pouring here almost as soon as I shut down the lap top. And still pouring as I type. An examination of the fridge contents means that I will still need to venture out to Tess Coes shortly.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

I'd better not mention the sunny blue skies here.... oops I already have. :sungum:

Anyway, today is National Fish & Chips Day, so I might partake of the delicacy later. 

https://www.wmfraser.uk/blog/2021/06/01/national-fish-chip-day-2021/

Fish and Chip Friday for us as well, it seems to come around very quick, in fact it only seems like a week ago that I said to the Good Lady,= Fish and Chip Friday me dear.:good:

• Like 11
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Anyway, today is National Fish & Chips Day, so I might partake of the delicacy later. 

https://www.wmfraser.uk/blog/2021/06/01/national-fish-chip-day-2021/

Buddy next door mentioned that he & SWMBO happened to have Haddock & Chips last night (and buddy had a saveloy for good measure).  Nineteen Quid from the local a couple of minute's walk round the corner.....:O

Fortunately the only fish that Bear likes is smoked haddock - occasionally.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

I would have expected raw salmon at least. :jester:

Watching Bear fishing with a paw might be amusing, at least for a few minutes ...

• Like 2
  • Funny 17

POETS - and also BIN due to the holiday offset. BINs done and dusted, only leaves POE to complete :)

Jemma arrived yesterday and we decided to go "out" for dinner. Excellent choice at the local eatery. BBQ ribs for me, yum.

Today the assembled masses (Jemma and Mrs) are off shopping, quelle surprise, while I toil away, well sort of! :)

This evening there is mention of BBQing, not sure I'm in 100% agreement as it's supposed to be 34 outside by then, add the heat from the BBQ and I'm probably going to melt :O A large cold drink or two in air conditioned comfort seems a better option???

Weekend unclear though the family are hatching various plans, hopefully much will include THEM shopping leaving ME to my own devices :)

20 and BRIGHT BLINDING SUN getting the newspaper and retrieving the BINs, 34-36 the high all weekend with high humidity - ugh! :jester:

Hope the weekend start well for all :imsohappy:

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis is having a field day with the arrival of the rain so Nurofen has been deployed. Its stopped raining for now but it looks as if more is on its way.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PupCam said:

Watching Bear fishing with a paw might be amusing, at least for a few minutes ...

Bear restricts such antics elsewhere, namely a trolley dash down the cake isle.....

Tall end panel marked (easier said than done) and now ready for cutting, hopefully tomorrow; neither stage is something you want to get wrong - screwing up a two hundred quid lump of wood spoils your day....

Meanwhile, the two short panels have received two coats of MDF sealer on the cut edges that will contact the floor.  Two coats of paint await, starting tomorrow (hopefully).

Bear's roofer buddy appeared & hopefully will give nearly new neighbours an acceptable price; he'll also give Bear an idea of price regarding a future roof re-felt.  Fortunately he has no plans to jack it in just yet - his dad was still up on the roofs at 89 - so he has some way to go yet....

Bear saw mention on the BBC News of people reportedly paying eight grand for a fortnight in a caravan in Cornwall :rofl:

Jab No. 2 tomorrow morning :yahoo:

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I see things are somewhat uppity-downity off the US Pacific north west coast with two magnitude 5.9 'quakes follwed by after  shocks which are now down to magnitude 3.2  but no tsunami expected..  trust all living with quake range are having a good night despite a bit of interruption.

Quite a swarm of them according to this. Personally, I slept though all of it and felt nothing. Noting your post, I had to look it up. I would guess they were located about 250 - 300 miles away.

They were quite deep (around 10 miles) and off the southern Oregon coast in a relatively "normal" place for such activity on the Juan De Fuca plate - which is what powers our subduction zone volcanoes.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 7