The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Been up for an hour already, early to bed last night so awake a bit earlier. Farcebooks 'community standards' seem to be very strange. A day or two ago I posted a Wiki link in answer to a question raised about a motor racing incident where the driver was thrown from a car. I simply posted the Wiki biography of the driver (Cliff Allison) when someone asked if he survived (he did). Farcebook in their wisdom decided that it was against their community standards and deleted it! 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

3 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Think I may relive a bit of my childhood by watching a bit of Bagpuss on the i player round about 1pm would be the sort of time I remember it been broadcast. 

You may have seen it over the weekend, but there was an hour long programme about Oliver Postgate on the BBC. It was very good, and included lots of archive footage (including Bagpuss). 

I can't remember which channel, BBC2 or 4, but it will be on the iplayer. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

I was trying to remember what I had said I was going to do this morning but fortunately Aditi asked if I still intended to paint the trellis alongside and over the front door. So I did. I wasn’t happy with the first ladder I selected but the second one was fine. We used to have a rather splendid climbing rose over the door but it died a few years ago. Aditi had an online chat with a rose nursery yesterday and has ordered a replacement. I did the “up a ladder” task, Aditi will do the digging and soil preparation. 
Tony

• Like 17

Greetings all from Sidcup where it is hot and sunny. I am awaiting the return of the other Lurkers from up north. It is also very windy here- the parasol blew out of its stand and on to the lawn. I have closed it for a while and come indoors but expect to venture out again shortly. Have a good day all 

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

You may have seen it over the weekend, but there was an hour long programme about Oliver Postgate on the BBC. It was very good, and included lots of archive footage (including Bagpuss). 

I can't remember which channel, BBC2 or 4, but it will be on the iplayer. 

No I didn't see it i generally dont watch BBC channels anymore unless there is something I really must see. They have destroyed local programming on tv and radio and still pay the so called talent megabucks and waste money on shows like I can see your voice.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1