The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Golem, golem, another day in middle earth.

Remind Matthew that if he attains Canadian citizenship he can never be a Member of Parliament or the House of Lords.

(Cameron's proposal)

Good luck to you Mick on surviving Mrs B quitting smoking! (There be a dragon!)

Graham, what was the outing and how did it go? I look up at the mountain and remember all the hikes I enjoyed and now say "Thank God I don't have to today".

Went to a full on Christmas Dinner last night. Kids present, Fr Christmas made an appearance. Very, very enjoyable but I didn't get to bed till 11:00 and up at 4:30, so I fear that today I might make a good partner for Mrs. B. except I will be smoking!

Morning All,

Around freezing this morning with a light dusting of snow making the whole world look (Barrow) Wight. :rolleyes:

The roads weren't too bad though - the motorway had certainly been gritted, and it looked like the Landstrasse had too. Sometimes coming in at this time, I get through before the gritters - but this morning they appear to have beaten me to it. Thank goodness for winter tyres!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Just about -2?° up here - wonder how it must have been in the winter of '78 and '79, or whenever that particularly hard winter was. Will need to finalize that Christmas shopping this week - oh, the joy <_< .

Well - later :) .

Remind Matthew that if he attains Canadian citizenship he can never be a Member of Parliament or the House of Lords.

True, but he could become a member of the Canadian Parliament biggrin.gif .

From another Web, Dd said;

"making the mix slightly more watery than usual

Yes - that's how I make drinks for the In-Laws."

At last evening's Christmas do my Great nieces/nephews poured my brandys as though there was a water shortage. Full volume but it looked as though the spirit was hardly diluted at all. It took much longer than usual to be ready a re-fill. :blink:

Morning all!

Had a bit of a scare driving back from Glasgow last night when my windscreen wipers froze solid! Yep, it was that cold! They moved across the screen but because they were frozen, the centres were lifted off the windscreen so only cleared at the edge. Had to pull off at Harthill services to get rid of the ice!

Was 0?° exactly at the quarry near Shotts, and +1?° on Queensferry Road in Edinburgh. Don't have a thermometer in the car, and those are the only two ones en route!

Cold here and frosty. Should be in work by now, really, but I object to being in the office before sunrise!! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

It seems rather cool and damp here this morning. I have a little list of tasks that seem to involve going to lots of different places. I was going to put the Christmas tree up but Matthew has mock exams this week and asked me to wait until he finishes them on Wednesday. It isn't due to a dislike of the tree, just that he will be too busy to help.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Matthew is very useful for taking all the decorations downstairs as I get them out of the loft.He is very tolerant when I drop things on him.

I may try and find the little tree that my wife bought a few years ago to take to her office at her previous place of work, and put it by the front door. Christmas trees/decorations etc are forbidden where she works now so we now have an extra one.

Tony

Good Morning All,

Well - a chilly one here this morning cycling in to the office, a brisk ride on the Gosport Ferry too! I hope everyone is getting towards final preparations for Christmas, I can't beleive how fast it has approached this year! I hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was good but quiet, wholly uneventful. Only a week and a half until I reach the completely new gravitas that is 27 years of age... I'm thrilled...! unsure.gif

Well - a chilly one here this morning cycling in to the office, a brisk ride on the Gosport Ferry too!

cycling round the deck, eh?
I hope everyone is getting towards final preparations for Christmas, I can't beleive how fast it has approached this year!
one day at a time, same speed as every year! :icon_lol:
I hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was good but quiet, wholly uneventful. Only a week and a half until I reach the completely new gravitas that is 27 years of age... I'm thrilled...!

Happy Christmas Eve! :icon_thumbsup2:

Can't they just be mates?

Good morning everybody!

Summer weather continues.

Tomorrow is a Public holiday.

It used to be called Dingaans day (The day in 1838 when Dingaan had his day)

Then it became the day of the covenant.

Now it is called The day of reconciliation.

I shall sleep in (if I can, but habit will probably prevail)

Sunrise is at 5:30 and my bedroom window faces due East!

Happy Tuesday all.