The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

7 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Snakes being native wildlife are protected here, the bad old days of hitting them with a shovel are long gone, now you call a snake removal person who comes and takes it away in a bag and rehomes it in the bush somewhere.

The most common snake in the suburbs here is the Eastern Brown, which makes number 2 on most worlds most venomous snakes lists. I've had 3 or 4 in my backyard over the years, they have anger management issues and will go you if you try to poke it with a stick or something, I just leave them alone and they usually move on somewhere else pretty quick but if it got into my house I'd probably call someone.

In contrast, the Red Belly Black, the other usual snake around here is less venomous and also pretty placid in comparison. I had one living in my aviary for a few weeks. I was happy with that since it kept the mice down, I'd just check where it was before walking around in there.

Can we have a shudder button please

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

The most common snake in the suburbs here is the Eastern Brown, which makes number 2 on most worlds most venomous snakes lists.............., I just leave them alone and they usually move on somewhere else pretty quick but if it got into my house I'd probably call someone.

Probably???

:scared::scared:

29 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

In contrast, the Red Belly Black, the other usual snake around here is less venomous and also pretty placid in comparison. I had one living in my aviary for a few weeks. I was happy with that since it kept the mice down, I'd just check where it was before walking around in there.

F.That for a game of soldiers.....

Aussie Monkeys are obviously a cut above yer average monkey....or several bricks short of a load....:jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

21 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

This shows how angry Browns can get, still doesn't deserve a bullet though.

Not surprised he’s a bit angry with all that handling and provocation! I’d be pretty pi$$ed as well.

• Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

... and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch ...

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2021/05/27/expected-but/

12 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

You're right - for me this link works - which looks the same

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2021/05/27/expected-but/

I have it delivered to my e-mail so I was unaware of any problem.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just had an excellent talk on Zoom about the recent East Anglian rail scene. Mustn't say too much here as its verboten but they are now scrapping stock that I remember going into service only what seems like a short few years ago. Then you realise that the newest Mk. III's are about forty years old.

I might not bother with Farcebook tonight as its playing up as in dumping you out and asking you to sign in, a right PITA.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

This shows how angry Browns can get, still doesn't deserve a bullet though.

Was i the only one expecting a "Steve Irwin" ending to this video?

Looked like he was unnecessarily chancing his arm there.

Alan

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Not surprised he’s a bit angry with all that handling and provocation! I’d be pretty pi$$ed as well.

A part of most Aussie childhoods is when a  "snakeman" would visit the school with hessian bags full of various venomous snakes, open  them on the classroom floor  and demo how they would react to poking etc,   in order to keep us from subsequently wandering around and poking any snakes we might find.

This was in the days when your dad would chase them around trying to hit them with a shovel, now we are more enlightened and as a bonus snake bites have gone down, mainly due to blokes no longer chasing them around  trying to hit them with a shovel and getting bitten in the process. 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 19