The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Muntjac passing the house.

None spotted in Benfleet as yet. Sightings in Basildon, Southend and Hockley  according to Google. Perhaps they don’t like living near badgers!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

None spotted in Benfleet as yet. Sightings in Basildon, Southend and Hockley  according to Google. Perhaps they don’t like living near badgers!

Around here they live alongside badgers so it can't be that. A main restriction to their movement appears to be major roads and a few appeared in new areas during the first lockdown. It is thought that the ones in Basildon came from the open countryside to the east between the A127 and the A13. 

• Informative/Useful 15

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Afternoon all from a sunny Hill of Strawberries.

Just a quickie to note that this site has for several days now been extraordinarily slow to respond on all my devices and has usually timed out before I got in.   ...snip...

I have noticed no problems with slowness logging on or posting from over here.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 5

Am I the only person who fails to understand Aviva adverts? The previous one with a couple of bulging eyeball (druggy?) women who crash into a petshop on a deserted road during daylight was bad enough, especially as one of the petshop animals appeared to be a hedgehog?; but the latest nonsense features another woman who drives from her city home with thoughts of kids in her mind. It appears that the weather takes a turn for the worse around Lancaster and so she abandons her car in a downpour and wanders off into the moorland without any bags, and without getting even the slightest bit wet, then walks all the way to the Isle Of Skye where she reunites with members of her extended family who appear to be living in some isolated hovel with no road access. 

If they thought the stupidness would make more people insure with them, it has backfired in my case. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Am I the only person who fails to understand Aviva adverts? The previous one with a couple of bulging eyeball (druggy?) women who crash into a petshop on a deserted road during daylight was bad enough, especially as one of the petshop animals appeared to be a hedgehog?; but the latest nonsense features another woman who drives from her city home with thoughts of kids in her mind. It appears that the weather takes a turn for the worse around Lancaster and so she abandons her car in a downpour and wanders off into the moorland without any bags, and without getting even the slightest bit wet, then walks all the way to the Isle Of Skye where she reunites with members of her extended family who appear to be living in some isolated hovel with no road access. 

If they thought the stupidness would make more people insure with them, it has backfired in my case. 

She also appears to age about 40 years in the process, which is disturbing.  The pet shop stock also includes a hare. 

Bright and breezy here, with no rain forecast for a change.  If I hadn't been distracted by the Hornby tiers thread I could have done some washing.  I might fix the strimmer but more pleasant tasks are available.

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

Afternoon all 

I too suffered from a non responsive site earlier when i tried to log on earlier its not just you @Gwiwer.

Suffering major lack of motivation i need to book a skip to clear out some junk thats accumulated i just can't get around to doing it. I feel so worn out .

@Erichill16 i used to dread the level crossing at Dodworth before the bypass was built. It seemed that the gates went down when the train left tarn 

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Nope, not on your nellie - are you listening, Steve Murrells (Co-op CEO)?  Instead it was "Irresistible Strawberry & White Chocolate Cake" - with no discount :angry:, but with a sticky gooey layer between ground and 1st floor :yahoo:.  It may be fair to assume that Bear has been upset.....

But they still got your money, so Steve won.   He doesn't care what you pick off of the shelf just so long as it's his shelf.  

To make the protest stick you've got to pick it off of someone else's  shelf unfortunately.    Knowing that Bear formerly had a contract for industrial quantities of LDC a loss of such a contract could severely impact the Co Op's  annual profits.

Edited by PupCam
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

but the latest nonsense features another woman who drives

I think as the woman ages throughout the advert we are supposed believe that Aviva support clients throughout life. However when I first saw it (without paying much attention) I thought it was an ad for car breakdown services. One advert at the moment I find irritating is the use of Albert Einstein’s image to promote Smartmeters. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 12
  • Informative/Useful 1