The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Yes. This is the "tipped minimum wage". Some states follow this practice. Some other states have a "tipped minimum wage" that is higher than the Federal minimum. Details here.

I never tip!

I recall a conference at a holiday camp back in the late 80s; back then, it was usual for each guest to be assigned a table and a waiter/waitress for meals.

Our conference structure was much too much relaxed on this than the staff were used to and when one of the waiting staff asked a delegate for a tip, it is reported that she was told "I'll give you a tip: smile!".

9 minutes ago, PupCam said:

But chaps!     "It's to enhance your user experience and the quality of your life".

Do I detect the strong aroma of excrement de bull?

• Like 2
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

That's exactly what I was suggesting. To be honest that is a brilliant price especially seeing it is Trend.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear did look into this and discovered that I'd need to download something called a "QR Reader App"

Surely all you have to do with an iPhone or iPad is open the camera app and point it (not with the selfie camera) at the QR code and it will do what it has to do which is I presume download the dishwasher instructions. 
On my iPad I use the Microsoft Edge browser and that can read QR codes too from the search bar. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 8

1 hour ago, PupCam said:

But chaps!     "It's to enhance your user experience and the quality of your life".

Funny enough I know a nonagenarian who won't be updating her phone or getting a computer either.

I think my case is well and truly rested  :thankyou:

I think the first time I met the modern approach to "customer service" was in the NY hotel I stayed in for my first few nights during my first ever visit to the USA.(Nothing to do with computers because in those days they filled a room and lived on a diet of punched cards) 

"As a Service to our guests, the Hotel Conway now only offers a Continental Breakfast from room service" (Previously you could get a cooked breakfast) It was though a time when the big chains hadn't taken over and the country still had a lot of "Mom and Pop" restaurants where you could get pretty good home made food.

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Reading the numerous posts about how bad so many GP  practices are in the UK, I am wondering doesn’t anybody get fired for incompetence from the NHS?

iD

Have we mentioned The Peter Principle on here?  Came out about when I started work and everyone thought he'd been studying our office.

In a nutshell: If someone does a good job he is promoted.  If he keeps doing a good job he is promoted again.  Eventually he may find himself in a position that he can't do. This is his Level of Incompetence.  He stays there as demoting hime or firing him would reflect on the person who put him there originally.

• Like 2
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

18 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

Have we mentioned The Peter Principle on here?  Came out about when I started work and everyone thought he'd been studying our office.

In a nutshell: If someone does a good job he is promoted.  If he keeps doing a good job he is promoted again.  Eventually he may find himself in a position that he can't do. This is his Level of Incompetence.  He stays there as demoting hime or firing him would reflect on the person who put him there originally.

Never heard it called that but it’s true!

• Like 4
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BR60103 said:

The Peter Principle

“Everyone rises to their level of incompetence”. Meaning, in theory, that the nation and the world are run by totally incompetent people. 

The book was a good read. 

Good morning all. Welcome to Thor’s Day. 

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

Mornin'

Another hectic keybored day beckons, due mainly to a non productive day yesterday.

Oh well, best get to it.

'til later, make the best of your day.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2