The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, dry once more on the rock, 9c feels like 8, despite a stiff breeze.  According to this body it feels more like 5, but that is just old-gitness I think.  Maybe we should have emigrated to New Zealand and not Fraggle Rock, we had the opportunity at the time!

Lots of errands to do today, I see an additional list has been left for my attention too, on top of orders of the day discussed at the management meeting last night.  AKA dinner.

Don't mention additional lists.. I have some things which I need to do her indoors is contemplating some additional tasks... for me.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ex-NHS Manager's Rant.

I think our GP practice is taking lessons from Andrew's, having phoned to book a call for the GP to call back (usually takes a few days) they now said they can't do that, but if I call tomorrow he's taking urgent calls only.  I explained its not urgent but I do need to speak to him re medications that only he can authorise, and I want to discuss changing them.  They can't do that so I have to take up an emergency call slot tomorrow someone else may need with a more urgent issue, for something that can wait until later in the week. :banghead:  But they can't book that in now for me.  :banghead:  Words fail me.  :butcher:

/Ex-NHS Managers rant!

I should consider my wife and I very lucky as our doctors surgery started the phone call consultations as soon as the first lock down started but when ever we call them we have had a call back on the same day. In fact, it has been easier to talk to a doctor than it was before Covid when we sometimes had to wait 48 hours before seeing the doctor. I feel for all those who suffer from a surgery that puts up barriers to seeing or talking to the doctor. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Wall to wall sunshine at the moment but its not predicted to last. The bees on the California lilac are making the most of it while they can. Now off to run a bath, be back later. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

Have Ocado discovered the secret of light speed travel? 

I don't know, but one Ebay trader has.  Sunday before last I ordered something.  The following Tuesday it was delivered quite early.  On the Wednesday I received an email that they were about to post it, for delivery in the Friday-Tuesday slot (the Tuesday being today).  Assuming they haven't sent a duplicate package, I reckon that's a pretty good performance.

Showers are threatened, again, including hail.  I might bring in the washing that's been out since Saturday and finish it off indoors. 

I started getting into folk music in '64, and discovered Cyril Tawney not long after, 'The Oggy Man' was a folk club favurite back then, and I've always liked 'Grey Funnel Line'.

A short sharp shower has happened so I'd bestter grab the washing before it gets worse,

Stay elfy

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. I thought I'd posted the above this morning but it was still in the editor. Now bathed, breakfasted and about to have another muggatee. The muntjacs were making a lot of noise last night, must be the mating season. Debating when it will be a good time to wash the bedsheets, there's no room indoors to dry them and the forecast is for rain. Thats enough of my ramblings, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Have Ocado discovered the secret of light speed travel? 

6 minutes ago, petethemole said:

I don't know, but one Ebay trader has.  Sunday before last I ordered something.  The following Tuesday it was delivered quite early.  On the Wednesday I received an email that they were about to post it, for delivery in the Friday-Tuesday slot (the Tuesday being today).  Assuming they haven't sent a duplicate package, I reckon that's a pretty good performance.

I 'won' an item last Wednesday on E-bay, duly paid for it and it arrived on Saturday. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ex-NHS Manager's Rant.

I think our GP practice is taking lessons from Andrew's, having phoned to book a call for the GP to call back (usually takes a few days) they now said they can't do that, but if I call tomorrow he's taking urgent calls only.  I explained its not urgent but I do need to speak to him re medications that only he can authorise, and I want to discuss changing them.  They can't do that so I have to take up an emergency call slot tomorrow someone else may need with a more urgent issue, for something that can wait until later in the week. :banghead:  But they can't book that in now for me.  :banghead:  Words fail me.  :butcher:

/Ex-NHS Managers rant!

I've been long suspicious that our GP practice is staffed by Vogons. There is a reason they have the lowest ranking (on the NHS site no less) of any practice in the borough for 5 years running. The quacks aren't bad but the admin staff are shocking. 

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

The worst thing about our drs surgery is getting prescriptions sent to the chemist they got us to sign up for it saying it was better.  

Pah it seems to take days.

You try to ring about prescription lines only open 10 til 12 constantly engaged after listening to a recorded message 4 minutes long about covid. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

Afternoon all

Done realtively little so far today apart from the washing, sorting out files and backups on the PC, a pedestrian visit to Tesco (I'd run out of a few things that are normally in my weekly shop) and another mile or so afterwards to make up my 4k+  daily brisk walk. During that walk I played a game of meteorological roulette wth some very dark approaching clouds deciding how far I dared get from home. In the end they didn't dump any water anyway which is sort of a shame because it's very satisfying to get inside seconds before the heavens open. For this game carrying an umbrella is cheating and the sort of squallas that generally accompany rain from Cumulo Nimbus clouds (CBs)  make an umbrella useless anyway.

There are currently prob 30 (30%) warnings of thunderstorms for Heathrow, Farnborough and Southampton aerodromes (amongst others) Curiously, though Northolt (the nearest to here) has the same prob. of thunder, there's no warning message attached to it. (Thunderstoms are one of nature's ways of reminding pilots who's boss!) 

Treated myself to Sushi and Sake for lunch - I cant eat salad every day- and it's pasta or pizza tonight. 

My surgery was using a telephone triage system well before Covid. You ring them up, GP rings you back and decides if you need to come in (or more likely over the past year have a video appointment) It seems to work quite well.

A friend who lives in Oxfordshire though, with a rather larger surgery, seems to have the sort of receptionists who think they are triage nurses - which they aren't.

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Our Surgery is just brilliant, quick to answer the phone, always YES how can I help you? and always does.

If the Dr says he will ring, he / she always does and again, more than helpful.

Our previous practice in Derbyshire was the same.

OR, AM I JUST A NICE GUY?:D

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1