The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Simon G said:

smart meter would work here as we were unlikely to get the long wave signal required for the  system to work

I am sure I will soon be corrected but I thought the smart meter connected by mobile phone network frequencies not long wave. The smart gas meter transmits a signal (like WiFi frequency) to the smart electricity meter which sends a signal via the mobile phone network to your energy provider. The electricity meter also sends a signal to the in house display. A smart meter may not work if there is no mobile phone service locally. The man who fitted ours was concerned not about the electricity meter but he thought the gas meter was too far away. However it all connected nicely. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Time seems to have run away this evening. I still have my final muggatee to drink and to tackle Farcebook. Just as well tomorrows lay in bed until late day. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Goodnight evertone!

Baz

Sounds like a 78rpm record label from the twenties or thirties! :biggrin_mini:

Edited by J. S. Bach
To correct a grammar error.
  • Like 4
  • Funny 10

11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Having woke up at about 3am it was chuckin it down outside, and now re awakened and its a lovely morning down here in the SUNNY Souf.

A walk for the papers will be undertaken very soon, after I had a sit for half an hour and taken my Blood Pressure.

Nothing planned for today.

Yesterdays planning meeting resulted in a face mask wearing mate and I visiting a Music Shop to look at some nice Guitars.

Tempted = YES.:D

Bought = NO.:notme:

Have a good day one and all, stay safe and well.:dancer:

And now, 10 minutes later, its chuckin it down, Pah, as Baz would say.:banghead:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Bear really fancies the idea of a full english fritta today, but since the cooker has been disconnected for over a week it's unlikely to become a reality (though I could quickly re-connect the cooker again, as it's only a bayonet connection).  Hmmm.....

The Met Office are now predicting rain (70%) for Bear between 8 and 9am today, and then again at 12.  Turdycurses.

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Moanin‘ awl.  Sending positive thoughts towards everyone in need, especially Gordon and @Dave Hunt‘s dad.

Cloudy and slightly windy here with a possibility of showers throughout the day. Pretty good for the garden, of course, given that we recently planted a number of vegs and herbs, as well as blueberries, gooseberries, redcurrant, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries.

I also made an attempt at restoring the lawn which had suffered in recent years due to extended periods of drought. A further complication exists in that the lawn is shaded by a tall hawthorn and that this and a number of shrubs draw a lot of water, too. I will need to relocate the pop-up sprinkler as well. Having a car available again will doubtlessly be helpful for that!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I am sure I will soon be corrected but I thought the smart meter connected by mobile phone network frequencies not long wave. The smart gas meter transmits a signal (like WiFi frequency) to the smart electricity meter which sends a signal via the mobile phone network to your energy provider. The electricity meter also sends a signal to the in house display. A smart meter may not work if there is no mobile phone service locally. The man who fitted ours was concerned not about the electricity meter but he thought the gas meter was too far away. However it all connected nicely. 
Tony

According to the engineer who tried to fit our smart meter, they used to use mobile phone signals, but don’t any more.  Had it been a mobile signal, he might still have had problems, as some mobile providers don’t work reliably here.  From what the guy told me, the gas smart meter relies on the electric one having been fitted first, as it appears to piggyback onto the electric one.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

Cloudy here in North Somerset. Spitting with rain but not a lot so far. 

I had a strange dream last night where I had gone to spend Christmas with my parents, but was worried that I would not have time to go and visit my dad and step-mother. My brain seemed to have no problems with my father living in two separate places with two separate women at the same time. I stopped of at my grandmothers where I found her sitting in her normal chair by the fire looking at a Christmas cake she said had been given to her by the BBC. It was a large thing, in the shape of the Big Ben clock tower, and fully iced with clock faces and everything. 

This went on with a big Christmas party, and queuing down the street to buy something in a shop, but I won't bore people with any further nonsense. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Re LDC, = I did buy a nice slab of freshly baked Lemon Cake whilst getting the paper earlier.

It has not, to my knowledge been Drizzeled on, but has a nice lemonie sugarie looking coating on top.

I will report the findings back after coffee at 11ish.

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

Moaning all from the boring borough. 

Reading the Gordon update. All I can do is offer best wishes for continued small steps and hope things start to improve. Not a good situation. 

Also hoping for a good outcome for Mr Hunt's dad. 

Up early this morning for some unknown reason. Sunny and warm at the time. Thoughts turned to brekkie on the patio. By the time I'd finished with the espresso machine, the sky had blackened and it was p*ssing down. Since then, waves of sun then rain, then sun........ Currently dark with a bit if drizzle. Meh!

Plans to install the planters on the front garden wall that divides us and the ****s next door on hold again as it is too wet and crappy. Plan B under way, some <censored> time in the man cave is now the order of the day. 

Enjoy the day. 

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2