The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining at the moment, but rain looks imminent by the look of some very dark clouds in the east. There’s not a lot planned for today, I may mop the cellar floor, as I’m leaving dusty footprints about again, but to be honest there’s not a lot I can do about that at the moment, given the task in hand in the cellar, but ho hum. I also want to finish the ‘NOTES’ list too. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

The TV interviewers are so used to simply regurgitating press releases, that they have no in-depth knowledge of the subject they are discussing with politicians on air. 

At the risk of of straying into politics, but Gove and Johnson were journalists, so they very well know the game.

• Like 6
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

Greetings all from Sidcup where it is windy with threatening grey clouds. The forecast says no rain though...

Best wishes to Dave's Dad and Gordon S and anyone else who is suffering.

TV interviews with politician I find best avoided; the journo repeatedly asks the same question, the politician rarely if ever actually answers the question, so we the audience hear what the politician wants us to hear.

Right, on with the work!

• Like 15
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

......then a crap load of time wasting meetings with sh*tgibbons. 

:laugh::rofl:

:clapping:

Been there, done that.....far too many times to mention.  I'm convinced that most of the gibbons attend as many meetings as possible, separated only by coffee breaks/"networking" etc. in order to avoid doing proper work and getting found out.

The morning has so far been consumed by un-folding corrugated cardboard packaging into flat sheets for temporary storage (it'll come in handy to protect new granite worktops when the tile splashbacks are done - imagine dropping a tile onto new £££ granite :scared:- the amount of packaging consumed by a pre-assembled kitchen delivery has to be seen to be believed).  The rest of the morning has been scoffed by unpacking and examining kitchen bits - lots of them.  All done carefully - I'll be fine for bubblewrap and sheets of very thin foldable polystyrene type material for a long time to come :smile_mini2:.  Still more to do.

One or two bits will get flagged up as marked, but very slight on the grand scale of things. 

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

In this o

On this occasion it would have to be The Jam.

But thats entertainment 

Im now going back underground 

I saw them once, but it was down in a tube station at midnight. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

What a mixed bag weather wise today.

Bright sunshine to start with

The wind got up and down came the hail stones. Now its still and dry but cloudy.  

John CB beat me in suggesting Flag Fen i believe it is a preserved trackway.

For those who like archaeology i can reccomend the Waterloo uncovered channel on you tube .Phil Harding from Time Team sometimes appears. Pre covid they were digging Hougemont Farm.

Looks like the bill for Hitachi is going to be huge i wonder if they have had to remove sharp objects from company HQ.

I believe that 800 class are aluminium bodied depending where these cracks are may pose problems with electronic devices inside the coaches.

The first transport company i worked for bought 10 extender trailers they opened from 45'-65'. They started cracking on the cross members the bill that went to Montracon who built them was astronomical.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4