The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Strangely enough, if you are rich enough to have a jet airplane bought, leased or trip hired, you can go anywhere.. and from the fight paths I have watched recently people do this.. and some are welcolmed into Australia even...

The English IPL players are now back in the UK in isolation.. can anyone else fly straight from India to here? Of course to get to the uk you can fly india..Dubai or Qatar then on to the uk and not own up to having set off from India.

Close checks (including home visits to make sure you are actually staying put) should be the order of the day - a fee (£250 per person/family?) to cover those self-isolating after coming from an amber country could cover it.  Anyone found to be breaking the rules (eg not at home) gets a £10K fine - and more if you're loaded, linked to income - and a criminal record.  That last point will shaft people for years to come.

Staff?  There's plenty of people in the travel industry who could do with the work I'm sure.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, polybear said:

Close checks (including home visits to make sure you are actually staying put) should be the order of the day - a fee (£250 per person/family?) to cover those self-isolating after coming from an amber country could cover it.  Anyone found to be breaking the rules (eg not at home) gets a £10K fine - and more if you're loaded, linked to income - and a criminal record.  That last point will shaft people for years to come.

Staff?  There's plenty of people in the travel industry who could do with the work I'm sure.

Ah, but we're British and we can do what we like without 'Big Brother' watching us.  Even if what we do only goes to prove how stupid we are.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

...and more recently fading English celebrities have been getting  dumped into  the jungle (actually it's a rainforest..) of Northern NSW and playing havoc with the local wildlife.

7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

....Trouble is if you leave them there they might breed.:jester:

Actually, I don’t think that many of these third raters do survive to breed. David Attenborough did a program on them once: and the sight of a pack of ravenous entertainment gossip columnists descending on a hapless tertio rate celebritas in saltu, was as riveting to watch as it was brutal and gory.

Nature: Red in tooth and in claw“ indeed.

The Paris-Brest was tried out on Mrs iD and her friend – the owner of “crazy dog“ - and not only did both survive, but purportedly liked it as well. 

Off to kill punks, scumbags, crooks and other ne’er-do-wells on my PlayStation. In the interim a whole duck has been painted with a soy-honey mixture and will slow roast in the oven later today to be served with rice noodles and sautéed snow peas with ginger.

See you later...

iD

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good Afternoon!

The Sunday Dash to insane berrys has been completed with tess coes raided en route home.

Just one observation:

2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Dry and sunny here in North Somerset. The unstoppable destruction aka grandchildren are due to arrive, so no peace for a few hours. I wouldn’t mind so much if they didn’t feel the need to impress me by showing how loud they can shout, how fast they can run in a 13’ x 13’ space, and how well they can jump on the furniture. 

I’m sure I did not behave like this when I went to my grandma’s 60 years ago. But then, I was not brought up on a diet full of sugary foods and drinks. 

I am charged with providing ‘burger in a bagel’ for their lunch but they may be forced on a long walk before anything like that materialises. 

Discipline?

Now, what was that?

• Like 9
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. You all better don a tin hat when you go to bed tonight.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-rocket-live-tracker-latest-24067915#source=push

Admittedly its estimated that it will come down into the Pacific off of New Zealand. 

Its landed, in the Indian Ocean to the west of the Maldives.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

The Zoom meeting was really good.  Some of the previous family calls were a bit tense but it was fun and relaxed this time. Aditi had never spoken to a couple of the teenage cousins in India  before. They (twins) are off to North America when Covid allows to start university. One to Georgia and the other to Toronto. 
As it was 5.30am in California Aditi’s uncle was very laid back and did the call from bed.We only expected a couple of other callers so we initially used a tablet but ran upstairs to use a pc so we could see everyone at once. There were people calling in from Austria (best weather of the day probably) too. 
Tony

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Nah!  All you need is  a vindictive streak. For instance say I was allergic to the colour blue and your posts made my sinuses play up. I could send you a message asking you to politely  alter the shade of your font.

But it'd be much more satisfying to go to that website and fill out the details - " Polybear blah blah last Sunday blah blah I saw him drop a lemon drizzle cake wrapper on the Wollongong to Woolloomooloo road blah blah etc " and hit the send button.

Then shortly after you'd get a notice from the NSW government saying you owed them 250 bucks,  and the beauty is you've got to prove you didn't do it!

So, Guilty until proven innocent? NO WAY! Prove in a court of law that I did!

Innocent until proven guilty, much more logical as the accuser HAS to provide the evidence!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9

24 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

So, Guilty until proven innocent? NO WAY!

Innocent until proven guilty, much more logical as the accuser HAS to provide the evidence!

YES WAY! I'm afraid.

Polybear has to cop it sweet but If he reckons he's been hard done by  he can appeal and only  then it's up to me to prove I did see it, but that just means I fill out a statuary declaration declaring I told the truth. 

You can't let hundreds of years of legal convention come between the NSW government and a lazy way to raise revenue!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

I fill out a statuary declaration declaring I told the truth. 

That would be good for Test Match cricket eliminating all that expensive Hawkeye technology!

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

That would be good for Test Match cricket eliminating all that expensive Hawkeye technology!

Nah, it would put all Baz's mates out of a job.

Jamie

• Agree 3
  • Funny 9

12 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Nah, it would put all Baz's mates out of a job.

Jamie

Far from it! Sense and sensibility would prevail again!

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Bright, warm and sunny out at the moment so I've actually been out and tidied up the patio. A few weeks ago I got the weed killer out and zapped the weeds that were sprouting. I also cleaned out the moss so a stiff broom was all that was required to sweep it into a pile which is now in the composter. Now for a muggatee, be back later.

• Like 12

Is it still afternoon, or is it evening?

Pleased to report all planned activities achieved and it's now  time for my second shower of the day :) - once the water's warmed up that is; I'm not that 'ard!

Tea/dinner/supper after that and then........

Who knows? Best wishes to all, especially those who ail whether ERs their families or friends.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

YES WAY! I'm afraid.

Polybear has to cop it sweet but If he reckons he's been hard done by  he can appeal and only  then it's up to me to prove I did see it, but that just means I fill out a statuary declaration declaring I told the truth. 

You can't let hundreds of years of legal convention come between the NSW government and a lazy way to raise revenue!

So Bear, being an environmentally friendly(ish) kinda Bear, decides to appeal against the nasty, 'orrible, vindictive low-life scrote who's grassed him for something he wouldn't dream of doing, to the tune of two hundred and fifty notes.  Bear, being a frugal kinda Bear (why shell out hard-earned LDC vouchers for some jumped-up lawyer who has difficulty even tying his own shoelaces?) decides to defend himself.  And that means that under rules of disclosure I get to see all the evidence against me, which includes the statutory declaration.

I now know who you are....and where you live......

$250 for the start of endless retribution stretching over many, many years is a bargain, believe me.

:devil:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

In other news:

Bear spent a successful day installing two more base units and the last wall unit; the latter was somewhat interesting as an inch to the left would mean the RH wall plate screws would foul the socket ring main - and an inch to the right would mean the LH wall plate screws would foul the lighting circuit cable.  And the wall cabinet position was determined by the base unit position - and I'd just done that.....

Lucky, or what? :yahoo:

Only one cabinet left to do (a 150mm wide base unit) - and that goes in after the dishwasher; this is the cabinet that is dry assembled so I can strip it to modify it to suit an existing section of boxed in pipework.  But that job is further down the line.

Tomorrow will see the checking of all remaining items for damage or defects.

Anyone know the rules about gas pipes behind leccy ovens by any chance?

• Like 12