The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

This morning the Bright  shinny thing keeps popping out from behind some greyish clouds, but no wind, (outside), and so the walk for the Papers and some extra milk will be undertaken shortly.

Good day yesterday, as a couple of the Great Grand kids and parents arrive bearing GIFTS = Cream Doughnuts.:D

Diet, what diet?:nono::laugh: Its the weekend.:D

Have a good day one and all, stay safe and well.:dancer:

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Sun in and out.  It must have its wide brimmed hat on today causing the shadow. 

WARNING...:offtopic:

Agenda for today, apart from the H word, is getting my No.6 bus kitted out with more 'Prisoner' fans. One done, two nearly done, two to go, plus a 'VOTE for No.6' placard. I hope mention of the latter does not contravene the 'no politics' rule on here! :laugh:  I will let you know when the pobl bach are done - it may take more than a day...My guesstimate is rarely accurate! :keeporder: Remember: VOTE for No.6.  VOTE for No.6. VOTE for No.6.  :keeporder:  :girldevil:

Fitt :training: and :danced: Elfie muscling in.

Take care all and play safe.

Thinking of Dave's Dad, Gordon S and missing ERs.

_________

Best wishes

Polly

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Here signs are pointing to the government not considering unrestricted overseas travel to occur any time soon  -

And how very sensible that is given the current world situation!  :good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, BR60103 said:

But wouldn't lead be toxic?

It doesn't appear to have been toxicity in the well known (to many of us with an interest in a particular rock off Plymouth) event which killed Henry Hall back in 1755 but far more a consequence of the burning caused by the molten lead as it went down his throat and into his stomach where, according to subsequent examination it had burnt through the stomach lining apparently.  But Hall lived for 12 days after ingesting the molten lead (just over 7 ounces in weight when solidified) so he was clearly a pretty tough 94 year old.

https://uslhs.org/rudyerds-tower-eddystone

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

7 hours ago, BR60103 said:

But wouldn't lead be toxic?

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

probably knows but I think it was the first Bishop Rock

Read about Henry Hall, lighthouse keeper at the Eddystone LIght

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Hall_(lighthouse_keeper)

[EDIT] See that Mike has already answered. The story of Henry Hall was told us in school in Plymouth when we were looking at local history.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It's a beautiful sunny day here in England's northwest, but it's far too wet to do any sort of outdoor activity today. 

Up late again this morning, but the plan is to take it easy, so I'm going to edit all the 'NOTES' I saved earlier in the week and when done, email to myself. I'll then download them back to my iPad. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later.

Brian 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I won't be travelling overseas this year, but some people are looking for an escape from the uk ..somewhere warm and dry. And, without such holidays, mental health issues will cause even more problems for these people.

Strangely enough, if you are rich enough to have a jet airplane bought, leased or trip hired, you can go anywhere.. and from the fight paths I have watched recently people do this.. and some are welcolmed into Australia even...

The English IPL players are now back in the UK in isolation.. can anyone else fly straight from India to here? Of course to get to the uk you can fly india..Dubai or Qatar then on to the uk and not own up to having set off from India.

Using the bubble betwen two countries (who are not bothered about having vaccinations) could end up in major problems.

Either no one flies anywhere ( which should have happened in March 2020) or.. you have to take the consequences of people going away for a break...one or two people from here have already fled to France...so desparate are they to get a holiday...

Baz

• Like 11
  • Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Barry O said:

or.. you have to take the consequences of people going away for a break...one or two people from here have already fled to France...so desparate are they to get a holiday...

Whereas I'm desperate for my two weeks in Yorkshire*, missed last summer.

*Strictly speaking, Cumbria.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis was banging away again this morning but a bit of exercise and a brace of Nurofen is sorting him out.

6 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

To add to the list there was the Indian Mynah bird imported  because someone liked their song, the fox because some expat wanted to go fox hunting and more recently fading English celebrities have been getting  dumped into  the jungle (actually it's a rainforest..) of Northern NSW and playing havoc with the local wildlife.

Trouble is if you leave them there they might breed.:jester:

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1