The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 7

8 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

We are told - by some sources that Israel will be ok - well maybe it will, but they aren't letting in foreign tourists.

Inside Israel (based on a couple of news reports I saw) is interesting with their "green pass" electronic vaccination passport. At the time of that report only people who opted in to the passport (and, obviously, were vaccinated) could enter establishments like bars and restaurants. Clearly such measures are effective - though not welcomed by everyone.

Trendlines suggest that here in Oregon our fourth wave might be peaking. Apparently the governor has a press conference later today. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say. There are multiple law suits being filed over her actions to mitigate spread. Case rates are where they were back in early November as our third wave worsened.

Meanwhile our scintillating Spring weather continues. A cloudy morning has evolved into a stunning afternoon topping out around 20°C. Tomorrow should see us reach 27°C. On Thursday rain and lower temperatures return.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

You think that a dot matrix is noisy, just try a daisy wheel printer!

... or an old mainframe chain printer.

• Like 11
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing a grand morning up here in the North West Leeds Highlands.  Iwill make thevmostbof it as it may rain for the next three days...pah!

I have a double header cricket wise at the weekend.. it may just end up with a game on Sunday. (Which is a cup match so a return the following Sunday if it is rained off would be required.. pah!).

Before heading off across the road to Weetwood I need to deploy the shark. Yes it is also house deep clean day. Frabjoy....not!

Apologies for a duplicate post last night. I thought RMWeb was having a wobbly but loged off and didn't come back to check.

Time for my mugatea!

Very, very positive thoughts to Gordon and his family.

Hopefully our missinf ERs are all well.

Stay safe

Baz

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

7 hours of very broken sleep again..

The burial of Sir John Moore at Corunna, is on the same album that Poor Jaimie Foyers is on (though some of their tracks appear on other albums), It's a track I also like, and listened to last night. Having listened my way through all their albums I'm now slowly working by way through adding tracks into my master play list. Those that I like, get added with an assortment of other bands, singers and orchestral pieces, this is to a play list that the computer works through at random when I'm doing other things.

Last night because I was doing that I forgot to type in the handicap formula..

One thing I've noticed is that I'm not fond of the lady singers they used, much to high a pitch..  But then I heard a steeleye Span track the other day and thought I didn't like Madie Priors singing.. Where as years ago I did.. I think my hearing has changed..

Gwiwers mention of conditions rings bells, I never used a map once I'd been there once or used that road... Though these days I have a navigator running, it's so If we get diverted off the roads I know I can get back en-route somehow..

However, I could never do his job, my frustration with customers would have me pushing them onto tracks. I'd want to KILL!

Ben the Pointer Collie was a wandering the garden and stopped looking intently into a Berberis hedge one leg up. Just like a Pointer.. But being a sensible Collie he didn't venture in with all those thorns..

I noticed yesterday , this years Sailing club Commodore is a Doctor, of what I'm don't know, But she's definitely not a crusty old man.. Still in her 30's I can remember her when she was in Nappies... I must be getting old...

Time I went and got on with this weeks equipment..

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

31 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Morning all.

Weather seems t have settled down and returned to normal 'South Derbyshire grey'.

Well, what a difference a few minutes makes,bright blue sky and sunshine now :)

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, polybear said:

One of Bear's work buddies visited a supplier just before chrimbo one year - he arrived to discover one of our Project Managers was also visiting - and the supplier was in the process of loading up the boot of her car with booze and a hamper....

Bear remembered that my Boss at the time (a real-life "John Smith") had given the P.M in question the nick-name the "Black Blancmange" - she always dressed in long black dresses being part of the clue.  Then someone told her....

He lived to tell the tale, though we're not exactly sure how. 

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Trendlines suggest that here in Oregon our fourth wave might be peaking. Apparently the governor has a press conference later today. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say. There are multiple law suits being filed over her actions to mitigate spread. Case rates are where they were back in early November as our third wave worsened.

Perhaps any business whingeing about being forced to close "unnecessarily" should be given an option:  You can only open once you and all your family have been injected with a full-fat dose of the virus.  Wonder how many will take up the offer?

In other news:

Bear predicted this would happen - my talents are truly wasted....:laugh::

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56989757

Whilst I think he deserves everything coming to him I do think he has a very real point.  How you find a court and jury in the USA capable of hearing a fair trial must be nigh-on impossible now, given the amount of pre-trial publicity given to the case.  All thanks to trial by media - again.

Bear suddenly realised last night that I'll need some wood screws to secure the new kitchen units to the walls.  Whilst I have enough screws to give B&Q a run for their money I very much doubt I have any that are getting on for 120mm long - they have to pass thru' the cabinet frame rail (18mm), the back panel (8mm) and the service void gap (42mm) before they even reach the wall.  Bear feels a daytime raid into the loft is called for, though I suspect it's one mission that is doomed to failure.  Now I have a choice - get fleeced for a pack of screws at some exorbitant price per screw, or a box of 100 - only for 80 of them to sit in the loft until doomsday.  Decisions, decisions....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear remembered that my Boss at the time (a real-life "John Smith") had given the P.M in question the nick-name the "Black Blancmange" - she always dressed in long black dresses being part of the clue.  Then someone told her....

He lived to tell the tale, though we're not exactly sure how. 

Perhaps any business whingeing about being forced to close "unnecessarily" should be given an option:  You can only open once you and all your family have been injected with a full-fat dose of the virus.  Wonder how many will take up the offer?

In other news:

Bear predicted this would happen - my talents are truly wasted....:laugh::

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56989757

Whilst I think he deserves everything coming to him I do think he has a very real point.  How you find a court and jury in the USA capable of hearing a fair trial must be nigh-on impossible now, given the amount of pre-trial publicity given to the case.  All thanks to trial by media - again.

Bear suddenly realised last night that I'll need some wood screws to secure the new kitchen units to the walls.  Whilst I have enough screws to give B&Q a run for their money I very much doubt I have any that are getting on for 120mm long - they have to pass thru' the cabinet frame rail (18mm), the back panel (8mm) and the service void gap (42mm) before they even reach the wall.  Bear feels a daytime raid into the loft is called for, though I suspect it's one mission that is doomed to failure.  Now I have a choice - get fleeced for a pack of screws at some exorbitant price per screw, or a box of 100 - only for 80 of them to sit in the loft until doomsday.  Decisions, decisions....

One idea might be to use studding that screws into rawlbolts with a simple nut and washer inside the cabinet. Rawlbolts often use standard metric centres that studding replaces. I did this on a fence post fastened into a concrete wall and it worked.

Jamie

• Like 15
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis was going at it hammer and tongs this morning but has now quietened down. Breaking news, Prince Philip died of old age, I expect the media will be making a song and dance about it as if its unusual for a 99 year old to die of old age. Muggatee to be drunk, be back later.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14