The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good Luck, Mick!!!

And Tony, you'd better not be readying to tell all that your family actually, really, owns Vancouver Island (due to something to do with a Great Aunt and Edward VII).........................

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

And Tony, you'd better not be readying to tell all that your family actually, really, owns Vancouver Island (due to something to do with a Great Aunt and Edward VII).........................

Best, Pete.

I don't know if any property is involved but it does involve money, inheritance as in "does anyone have any information about" adverts in the newspaper, and why my mother's birth certificate had a big hole in it!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Weather forecast says 30° today, possibly followed by thunder beginning during the night. I think I'll begin reading up on some material for one of the two essays I am planning to write over the break.

Cheers everyone... ;)

1:19am in Gotham. It's 79f (26C). Stepped outside for a ciggy and it is blowing hard but it's giving no relief like wind from an open oven door.

Yesterday was our 17th Anniversary. When we got married it was 106f (41C) so this is usually the hottest week of the year.

Have a good day everyone.

Best, Pete.

Morning all,

Cool and damp here today, weather's quite pleasant really, this year the rainy season is just that! Had more so far this year than we had all of last... right of into the bush this morning to see how my newxt big project is going. Equipment goes on a boat in the UK this coming week end.....six weeks should see it on site?

Have a good un all

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, All oktas in place, solar panels struggling. Major items of "the list" sorted yesterday so it's off to the London Transport Museum and other places for a day of jolly japes.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Belated Anniversary wishes, Pete.

It seems most of ERs have some sort of checkered history - most we'll never hear about.

I'm no exception.

There was this gunman in Mombasa ...

There was the first four I hit for the First XI which nearly killed a fellow named Martyn ...

There was the outdoor show that ended up with several million pounds worth of RVs in a ditch ...

There was the time I used to employ dancing girls ...

When I was very small I was hit by a bus - at a bus stop ...

... and there's more - a lot more.

Wait for the book Gordon suggested.

Morning All,

I am always amazed what a fascinating collection of people are here on Early Risers. I don't think I have such an exciting checkered history! However, having said that, I am sure that I could think of a few interesting events from my past.

Popped up to visit some relations in Kent yesterday. My cousins wife was telling me about the local big cat sightings - she has even managed to photograph it. No doubt about it, I've seen a photo of a large black cat which is roaming the wilds of Kent :huh:

Don't worry Dominik - I won't forget which side of the road is the correct one, when I have to go back to driving on the wrong side :lol:

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Yesterday I made good progress on the challenge entry at last, I just need to finalise where everything is going.

I am enjoying the challenge though, even if at times it can be a bit frustrating!

The weather seems to be somewhat overcast but mild, could really do with some sun though - it being July!

Congratulations on the anniversary Pete!

• RMweb Premium

Happy anniversary, Pete! :drinks:

This day's turning out to be stinking hot... There is a bit of wind, but I feel like this just drives the heat around rather than providing any cooling. I don't envy people who need to work in the open in this kind of weather, such as the numerous PW crews currently engaged in repair work which had been scheduled for the vacation period.

• RMweb Gold

I'm a boring old fart that has no checkered history, has never done anything exciting..... or had anything exciting done to me.

But I'm happy.

Thanks, Guys! I checked with my best man and he still has the same pair of snakeskin boots he wore 17 years ago...........cheapskate.

And BoD - Forget about coming to the 'States, man!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Happy anniversary Pete.

What's happening here - not a lot...and apart from being done for driving a car with no tax, I've not had a very remarkable past.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Ooops. I forgot the 3 points on my licence in 1988. Does that count?

I was helping my MiL with her search for car insurance recently and she had to admit to me that she currently had points for speeding! I must adit I was mildly amused as she always comments on others (not mine of course!) speeding habits.

Is having 3 points what "Moral Turpitude" means on the US visa application?

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Guys! I checked with my best man and he still has the same pair of snakeskin boots he wore 17 years ago...........cheapskate.

If he still wears them he may not be able to leave or enter the EU now though!

Guest Max Stafford

I got sacked from a job for throwing lit bangers out the back of a moving van at 5am...

And I got three points for speeding on a motorway once!

Rock 'n' roll or what?

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I only got a fine for exceeding parking time, many years ago – though this had, in fact, been due to an appointment at a physician's having taken much more time than I had thought.

It's clouding up rather ominously over here and there have been advance warnings for possible heavy thunderstorms for the evening and night. Let's see how this turns out...

I've had two speeding tickets in the 'States, one in North Carolina, one in New Jersey - both for doing 80mph in a 45mph zone. Both times the relative State Troopers chopped down my speed to 50 mph which was nice of them (because I was so pleasant, I can only assume). Btw over here your Insurer gets notified automatically or any points. How? I dunno but they do.

I've never been done for speeding in the UK - even though I once overtook a parked "Jam Sandwich" (that ages it, right) on the M11 at 135mph under heavy braking - must have been their coffee break.

Best, Pete.