The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

6 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

She May live next door to June

I’m not sure I believe that. I have to ask “Would July?”  - an august personage like yourself?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Or his dad, Shirley Snr. Shirley Jnr was the Big Daddy!

Bear still remembers Saturday Afternoon Wrestling on "The World of Sport" - anyone going up against either Big Daddy or Giant Haystacks (boy, was he an animal...) ended up of the receiving end of "The Splash".  I hope they were getting paid a lot, cos' they very rarely got up after one of those.

In other news:

Do any fellow ER'ers possess a Granite Composite Kitchen Sink by any chance?  If so, would you have another?  Bear has to decide between one of those (which appear to have Marmite reviews on the 'net) or a decent stainless jobbie (though inevitable scratches will bug Bear).  Decisions, decisions....

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

... a lot of men appear in shorts although the weather doesn't necessarily dictate their use.  Indeed the rest of the body is still in winter mode with heavy sweaters or jackets.  Perhaps its a macho thing although men's knees are not an object of desire to be shown in civilised circles ...

Some Scots might disagree. ;)

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning. It's definitely  not shorts weather today, 0 degrees again when I went to let the girls out.  It is due to warm up and rain over the weekend  but dip below 0 again next week.  As I went out Harry the pheasant  and his two Sallys ( greedy beggar), were getting spilt grains from under the bird feeder.  

Not a lot got done yesterday  apart from the ironing and several emails.  This morning it's more work at the top of the garden to reduce the ypung trees that I cut the other day, to recycling a potential firewood.  We are no longer allowed fires so all the brash will have to go to the tip.  The locals are seething and the tip aren't happy as the skips are filling up too fast. A decision made by our Prefet, in an urban setting apparently.    

Not a lot else to report so I will say regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 18