The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, polybear said:

Both Solicitors were high street practices with several partners, not recently qualified juniors.

Encourages one doesn't it!  

Looks like I'll have to have another crack at a DIY update for my and Mrs Puppers (I like to think) simple affairs.   

Must fill in those official LPA forms as well and get them registered.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have yet to sign my will, thanks to covid its proving difficult to get the witnesses together but with the easing of restrictions over the next few weeks I should be able to get things done. I will start distributing a few items among friends and family over the next year or two. That way I know they will be with someone who appreciates them. I did get a call from the will company this morning asking me if I want to take out my house and contents insurance with them. I'm quite happy with my current insurers so I've no intention of changing. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 17

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Just had a worrying phone call from our vet that Lily's lump has been diagnosed as a tumor - though luckily it is non malignant - but unpleasant nonetheless.  She is booked in for surgery tomorrow morning, and the claim for the vet's bill has already been submitted.

We always worry about our pets.  Fortunately being NM to would appear to be straightforward with a happy ending in this case.;)

Brian.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

And I thought road gangs and house builders took ages because they weren't sure where the next job was coming from.  Go slow, stay on the job, be sure of pay packet Friday.  

Part way through a fixed price was agreed, to be paid on completion so no incentive for slow progress. 

Anyway should be ready for signing this month but none of us are holding our breath!

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Fortunately I have had very little to do with solicitors but the few I have had dealings with have varied between good and appalling. Doing the job I did, managing parks and open spaces, I had occasions to come into contact with solicitors when drawing up leases or the transfer of ownership. The one thing they all had in common, whether good or bad was that they were all slow and had no concept of what impact that had.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, brianusa said:

We always worry about our pets.  Fortunately being NM to would appear to be straightforward with a happy ending in this case.;)

Brian.

I cant see how this was picked up Brian, as it wasn't from me. 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just been watching Secrets of the Museum on the Yesterday channel. In the title sequence I spotted a familiar face. A chap I see at transport rally's and swap meets. He mostly trades in transport books and periodicals with some stuff that you don't often find in W H Smiths. Kettle has just boiled and there's a couple of hot cross buns to be eaten.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, brianusa said:

It was from 45156 originally.  One of life's great mysteries:D

Brian

Yes Brian some strange Mystic offerings from the Dark Side of the Web. It must be because of the Transatlantic crossing its had to make.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

We have had snow hail sunshine wind virtually every possibility apart from thunder and lightening. There is still a residue of the White stuff left over the allotments. Don't know how longer will last.

Continued wishes sent to Dave Hunt and NH Neil.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2