The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning, on the deeds to our house it states I can't keep chickens as it might annoy the neighbours, but I can keep a Pig, I suspect attitudes may have changed since that was written lol.

What you don't know is what's written into your neighbours' deeds. They may be subject to a pig toleration clause, or even have a right to their neighbours' bacon.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

a pig toleration clause

The legal profession will have great fun with that.  And the associated potential for pocket-lining. :D  

• Agree 14
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

20 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Next up was a visit from my mate Russ from next door wanting to "borrow" back some shed roofing felt he gave me about 4 years ago when he was having a clear out!  He knows I like to keep things "just in case."  Duly found and handed over along with some felt nails. 

A fine scheme, that.....use your buddy's shed as a storage extension to your own - though at some risk he may use or chuck what's stored.

8 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Seeing our Manchester correspondent's cake picture earlier reminded me that a couple of weeks ago The Boss and I were reminiscing about school dinners and one of the delights we used to experience, namely Manchester Tart.

Here's my effort at recreating it:

IMG_0543.jpg.cf3bd77208d87dfc1bad9d376b798494.jpgIMG_0548.jpg.00c1c07e8e3312dc75a100b0ca5df1fb.jpg

Big H - our training mission has just become multi-destination; we'll need some air support.....

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, The Lurker said:

And now a question to those of you with Cornish roots/leanings.

We have ordered a breakfast box from a well known restaurateur from down there who is not Nathan Outlaw as a special Easter cooked breakfast treat

Among its contents is Hogs Pudding.

Has anyone actually cooked this before? I am planning to slice it thin and fry it but I wondered if anyone else has actually had it or whether it is a modern day invention by one of the artisan producers down there. 

The contents of the box certainly look good!

From Mrs Stationmaster - who is of course well familiar with said delicacy from her homeland -

1. Just like black pudding - slice and fry (addendum 'thickish slices', half inch or so as you wpuld with black pudding), or

2. Eat it as it comes.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

...snip... Big H - our training mission has just become multi-destination; we'll need some air support.....

I can supply an aircraft carrier staged and ready for launch:

244521583_Toyaircraftcarrier.JPG.b6dfdd29c6a7a0c2c987fe45fbba1d2e.JPG

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3