The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear also noted the news report about a protest at Pimlico Academy; it seems one of the things the students objected to was....the flying of the Union Jack :O.  Perhaps they'd do well to remember all those millions of UK and Commonwealth Citizens that died to ensure that it could be flown....

There are so many things that make my blood boil now, this sort of "Free Speech" is one of them.  

Another is the appalling increase in fly tipping and general "let's just lob this rubbish out of the car window".    Puppers had occasion to do an  ~30 mile chug around the leafy lanes today although a lot of the time the leaves couldn't be seen as they were hidden by detritus.

The country (and probably the world) is going to Hell in hand cart at an alarming rate!

1 hour ago, polybear said:

One example is finding a nugget such as a 600 x 600 sheet of copper that I'd "forgotten" I'd had - that's now up for sale.

Doh! - Puppers has a square hole in the garage ~ 620 x 620 x 20 that could easily have been filled with a sheet of head gasket raw material.   Do you know I actually had to buy some recently to make the head gasket for my little Beeza?

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 17

Evening All,

Quite a pleasant day here, a small shopping trip this morning and then from midday onwards outside. A further section of digging was done, then further part of the drive was cleaned and finally the green flat area that should be a lawn was mowed. It is looking decidedly unhealthy.

No business work done and no shed time either but hopefully some of that over the next couple of days.

Saw pictures on tv of litter louts, it fxxxing disgusting. What hope is there when people think that kid do behavior is acceptable. 

Goodnight

Robert

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

The seals in car air con will dry out and allow the gas out if the system isn’t run regularly. The gas acts as the lubricant in the system. Land Rover suggest during lockdown that when the car is run for 15 minutes weekly that the Aircon is set to 22C at the same time. I use the climate control system all year, in summer to keep cool, in winter to aid demisting. 

I have a Renault, fairly old but a nice runner and the air con comes on automatically each time you start it up with the fan on. Don't know if more modern versions do the same but it is quite handy.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Saw pictures on tv of litter louts, it fxxxing disgusting. What hope is there when people think that kid do behavior is acceptable. 

Goodnight

Robert

Bear also saw pictures of a park on the TV news that could quite easily have been mistaken for a landfill site (a neighbour mentioned today that pictures of the local park featured in the local rag for the same reason).  Whilst Bear realises that such behaviour is carried out by all generations, a fair share (or perhaps more?) is by the young.  Would that be the same young that protests about the world being on a path to self-destruction by any chance?

Second Rant Over (but there could be more....).

(Perhaps the council should close the park for a fortnight for cleaning each time such an occurrence takes place - maybe the locals might just start to think a bit more?)

• Like 14
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just purchased through E-bay an item that runs on two parallel bits of metal when Elec trickery is passed through said bits of metal. I was expecting to have to pay a bit more than I did for it as well. Chuffed I am. 

• Like 19

Its supposed to nice today, but as I type, its a little hazy, I can see the big bright ball through the haze, so hopefully by the time I'm cleaned and dressed it will be nice and warm for a walk.

So, the Sun is nearly out,

The Sky is nearly Blue,

Look after your self folks,

And me too.:fie::rolleyes::good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1