The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Sorry. I should have said "actor" AND "recording artist", William Shatner. ;)  I trust that Canadians cringe every time they hear one of his recordings.

Please don't find his version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" for us.

Here it is.

This is the shortened version.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Since Bear is still limited to ding dinners it was jacket spud and beans, with a treacle pud & custard chaser.  Works for Bear, though I'm getting pizza withdrawal symptoms now - hopefully the floor will be finished in a couple of days or so and the cooker can be re-commissioned.

Tomorrow?  Let's see now...ah yes, the floor tiler's coming....

The chicken tandori is a ding dinner. They come from Tess Coes (low calorie meals).

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4

39 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Here it is.

I know better than to click on that!

It begs the question of 'What is the antonym for "earworm"?'

39 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

This is the shortened version.

Blessedly so.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Today was house cleaning and wash day (morning). However, we were told that we could register for our jabs. So Dayle spent 1 hour and 49 minutes on the phone checking/registering -- most of it on hold. I was on for the last few minutes. She was doing all the cleaning one-handed.  We still have not received anything deinite, but the clinic is across the street in the university so we plan to go over there tomorrow to try to talk to someone.

One of our neighbours has been on stage with W. Shatner in the first season of the Stratford Shakespearean Festival. Our friend after that summer went back to school and became an English professor.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Sorry. I should have said "actor" AND "recording artist", William Shatner. ;)  I trust that Canadians cringe every time they hear one of his recordings.

I cringe when I hear one of his (or Nemoy's) recordings! :bad:

• Like 3
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, BR60103 said:

One of our neighbours has been on stage with W. Shatner in the first season of the Stratford Shakespearean Festival. Our friend after that summer went back to school and became an English professor.

Couldn't compete?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning, sunny but 1 degree here.  Much chicken run completed yesterday. The framework even got Beth's approval as she felt up to a short walk round the garden in the afternoon sun.

Today I'm off for a haircut in about 20 minutes, then the supermarket.  However  this afternoon  it's trainspotting time. Yippee. Assistant nurse Ratchet has been granted a pass out.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 19