The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, 45156 said:

This came into my inbox the other day, and is a very jolly offering from the most excellent Foxes and Fossils - which I'd guess would mean more in the USAm but it's fun wherever it is being heard - hope you like it.

With a hope that I can visit a bit sooner next time.

Regards to All

Stewart

Fun and well put together ( though  in the US of A, the "world" in World News does tend to have roughly the same meaning as it does in the World Series*)  .

*Yes I do know that the World Series  of Major League Baseball is said to have been named after the New York World newspaper rather than from any global claim though that is also disputed.  

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Joints are still aching, it can't be the weather or can it? Anyway I 'Yellow carded' it this morning. The doctor on the Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime was speaking about what some people have described as symptoms of having the jab, one even claimed an increase in flatulence! :stinker: . One other chap woke up with a black eye, his wife had a problem convincing people that she wasn't responsible. The doctor explained that it could be something to do with platelets and the reported blood clots. I've been looking at the cost of clear Perspex or acrylic for the layout. Not much change out of £50 for a small layout, ouch. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

GIVE UP!!! This is probably why her indoors and herself do not have a date for our second jab(!).

If your jab was organised by your GP surgery you won’t get an appointment until they have confirmation of the vaccine delivery. They can’t jab you if they haven’t got any. So I have to wait for a phone call for mine . Aditi’s was booked through the NHS central website so a date for both doses was given. Aditi’s second dose is in May. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

4 hours ago, 45156 said:

I'd guess would mean more in the USA

Yes. It's hilarious. "ABC World News" broadcasts in the wee hours. Here (west coast, ABC World News Now) it is on from 3:00am to 4:00am.

2 hours ago, Pacific231G said:

though  in the US of A, the "world" in World News does tend to have roughly the same meaning as it does in the World Series

If you were talking about the "ABC World News Tonight with David Muir" (here on at 5:30pm, which is the 30 minute, evening network feed) I would agree. The graveyard shift news (the subject of the polka) is actually likely to cover a broader more global range of topics.

Having said that, even in the 30 minute evening network feed, their London-based reporter is a very frequent contributor.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3

Our first dinner visit with friends  so far.  All unmasked with two jabs and sitting around the table normally which was quite something after all this time, but the Guv decreed it was now OK.:)

Brian.

Edited by brianusa
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Receptionist .. " do you need  a a fasting test?  hang on I will talk to a nurse".. phone goes very quiet then "the Nurses aren't answering the phone.   oh hang on there is one here " phone goes quiet again.." are right no you don't need a fasting test"

Me  "so is the 11:49 still on?"

Receptionist " no but I can now do 10:30"...

Bear's Prediction Of The Day:

The first thing that Nurse will say:  "Hi Baz - now you have fasted, haven't you....?"

2 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

.....assuming the EU scum haven't blocked the deliveries.

Bear shocked - most definitely un-PC and definitely slanderous.  Bring it on....

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The use-by-date lottery gave me steak pie and chips with (tinned) broad beans this evening and has now left me with a quandary. Will tomorrows dinner be toad-in-the-hole or chicken tandori? decisions, decisions. Tea is brewing so I'll be back later. 

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I hated what Queen did to his Bohemian Rhapsody song.

Sorry. I should have said "actor" AND "recording artist", William Shatner. ;)  I trust that Canadians cringe every time they hear one of his recordings.

Please don't find his version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" for us.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

13 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Breaking news, the government are going to ban all overseas travel.:nono: 

Really, now?

Pity they didn't think of that 12 months ago, you'd all be back at the pub by now like here, 'cept the road there wouldn't be flooded and there'd be no risk of mouse poo in the  food.

Probably.

• Agree 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2