The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull, but dry start to the day here in England’s northwest. 

Today will see me once more, scraping paint from the cellar walls, but this time it’s hopefully the last of the paint from around the fireplace. There isn’t much to do and I’m hoping 1 day will see it done, but then as quite often happens, there could be some tricky bits so I’ve set aside an extra day, just in case. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I went to empty the used tea leaves into the kitchen caddy and there was a tan coloured substance in there that wasn't there last night. Going by the colour and appearance I'm pretty certain it is yeast, very strange. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I went to empty the used tea leaves into the kitchen caddy and there was a tan coloured substance in there that wasn't there last night. Going by the colour and appearance I'm pretty certain it is yeast, very strange. 

Is there such a thing as alcoholic tea?

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

Is there such a thing as alcoholic tea?

Kombucha. Meant to be only slightly alcoholic but one batch my brother in law produced was apparently quite strong. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Funny 1

Just now, Winslow Boy said:

Hoping the irises come through OK. If they are sibirica they should come into flower in April/May, germanica come out a bit later May/June. May be a bit optimistic though for flowers as they will need time to get established but you never know. Mother Nature likes to surprise.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, polybear said:

:cry:

DIY Colonoscopy here we come....:jester:

Or get a courier to collect them and send them back for exchange/refund?  Cost about four or five quid to do, at a guess.

Bear noted how many were jabbed yesterday - seriously impressed :clapping:

The Tiler's here laying tiles - Bear is hoping not to hear the words "I think we need another bag (of SLC)" at any point in proceedings....

Bear proposes a new law for use at violent demonstrations as seen in Bristol yesterday:

Police warn crowd that anyone who doesn't want trouble that they have five minutes to go home quietly and peacefully.  Those left can have trouble - like they'd never expect.  Seems like a plan.

Already on the statute books PB unfortunately the scrotes either can't understand that when a copper asks you to shift (disperse) you do it or more likely don't want to understand. My vote is on the latter. Rent a mob.

• Agree 10

So a bit confused as the adverts are offering me a choice between an Asian dating site or life insurance.

Is Bill Gates trying to tell me something? I know life been a bit dull but really. May be I should take them up on there offer just to relieve the boredom.

Will hopefully be back later. Of to divide the snowdrops.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

It's very wet around parts of New South Wales.  Thoughts go out to anyone affected in any way there.  Not expected to ease until at least Thursday they say

So many here have lost  their home..

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

So sorry - been AWOL again, largely due to having to use the only working laptop in the house (the old one finally gave up the ghost last week - RIP Samsung but its operating system was obsolete (W7), and also it needed about £200 spending on it to get the hard drive sorted, and W10 installed - just not worth it) for activities related to Ebay.  It has been worth it, though, as we bought six Maileg mice at the A6 car boot a couple of years ago, and thought that they were a decent buy at £15.  Just sent the last one to Belgium for £58, and the total of them all is somewhere close to £350 - apparently, some of them were VERY rare indeed - it was luck, as we didn't know when we bought them.

This came into my inbox the other day, and is a very jolly offering from the most excellent Foxes and Fossils - which I'd guess would mean more in the USAm but it's fun wherever it is being heard - hope you like it.

With a hope that I can visit a bit sooner next time.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1