The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Isn't that an oxymoron? Shouldn't it be a pododontist for feet?

Podiatrist, yes, but they don't do surgery other than toenails etc.  I used to manage the department.....

My foot was reconstructed by the top local orthopod, he does more than just hips and knees.  Trouble is there were an awful lot of broken bits.  I don't think you were around here at the time, but the aftermath looked like this: (apols to those eating....)

P1120150s.jpg.7db88d4b03edc9d29357333ee63c8c00.jpg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Watched a bit of cricket.. the third umpire was a grade  cheat of the highest order.. England played badly but.. some really dodgy bits going on today (like moving the camera positions in DRS and not giving someone out stumped when ne it was very clear he was out.. shocking!

BUT better news in the kick ball.. The Lads have won a cup!  Hopefully promotion will follow which would mean local derbies with the Magpies and the Borough next season .

It has been raining/sleeting/snowing/sunny all day and it is now officially freezing. Pah!

Next door emptied his new ponds -- used a bucket and a shovel. Our garden is now free of water!

Tonight I have to provide 600ml of my blood for a antibodies test (It must be mailed back to teh team tomorrow. That is a lot of blood(!).. I may feel faint afterwards.. red wine may be required!

Baz

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

I've just a organised holiday in Iceland in April, if that goes well we are planning on going to Tescos in May and Asdas in June.................................................

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

G R O A N

Bring back the button!

image.png.52366299614f951bfb3def27dec2fc50.png

Here you are, just cut and paste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Funny 11

20 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Podiatrist, yes, but they don't do surgery other than toenails etc.  I used to manage the department.....

My foot was reconstructed by the top local orthopod, he does more than just hips and knees.  Trouble is there were an awful lot of broken bits.  I don't think you were around here at the time, but the aftermath looked like this: (apols to those eating....)

That's a very stylish piece of footware. Wasn't the double row of lasses a b.......r to do up each time you wanted to put it on. Personally I would have opted for Velcro but that's just me.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

21 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Watched a bit of cricket.. the third umpire was a grade  cheat of the highest order.. England played badly but.. some really dodgy bits going on today (like moving the camera positions in DRS and not giving someone out stumped when ne it was very clear he was out.. shocking!

BUT better news in the kick ball.. The Lads have won a cup!  Hopefully promotion will follow which would mean local derbies with the Magpies and the Borough next season .

It has been raining/sleeting/snowing/sunny all day and it is now officially freezing. Pah!

Next door emptied his new ponds -- used a bucket and a shovel. Our garden is now free of water!

Tonight I have to provide 600ml of my blood for a antibodies test (It must be mailed back to teh team tomorrow. That is a lot of blood(!).. I may feel faint afterwards.. red wine may be required!

Baz

That will only dilute it you know.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Winslow Boy said:

That's a very stylish piece of footware. Wasn't the double row of lasses a b.......r to do up each time you wanted to put it on. Personally I would have opted for Velcro but that's just me.

Nice bit of work isn't it, but I wasn't so keen when it come to dismantling the bits inside!  Velcro would have helped at that point for sure. Getting the K-wires out was freaking me out, but that was about the only thing in this injury that didn't hurt like hell.

• Friendly/supportive 18

1 minute ago, New Haven Neil said:

Nice bit of work isn't it, but I wasn't so keen when it come to dismantling the bits inside!  Velcro would have helped at that point for sure. Getting the K-wires out was freaking me out, but that was about the only thing in this injury that didn't hurt like hell.

Do you set off metal detectors.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Authorities have declared we are reducing the amount of freezer capacity we have, so a fridge only will be bought. Further research required, also required something to raise the fridge off the floor, a cupboard will have to be built..

Buy a fridge freezer with twin compressors - turn the freezer bit off and use the drawers for storing useful items that *may* be necessary for a certain hobby.  No need to build a cupboard, the fridge is off the floor, and there's always the option of putting the freezer back into service ....

Bear surprises himself sometimes.

5 hours ago, petethemole said:

I'm now imagining what it would be like to be monarch of a borderline.  If it was just a line of notional thickness you'd have to be a monarch in exile, but would you have any subjects and where would they be?  But if you had the type of border that consists of two fences with a no man's land in the middle, it would actually be your land and have a population.  You could have a long, narrow palace wide enough to sleep in plus a corridor to access the different parts.  This could run and run. What about an army? customs duties? agriculture.... Nurse! I think I need my meds.....

Isn't that what is commonly referred as the "Demilitarized Zone (DMZ")?  Often peppered with land mines and men pointing machine guns into it.  You're not selling the idea to this Bear

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

EEEK!!  :scared:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

A quiet afternoon for Bear, including a period of zedding.  Buddy next door phoned to arrange a secret assignation with Bear ("back fence, 5 minutes")  during which time another lump of choccy cake plus a rather smart looking loaf of Bread was transferred in the right direction (i.e. heading Bear's way).  Choccy cake tested, as was the bread - which is also rather good.  Cake gone now, sadly :cry: - though enough bread remains for another two or three days. :yahoo_mini:

• Like 16

Bit late on parade today 

Been looking after Swmbo not  is it's Mothers day she got microchipped yesterday and has been in bed all day Astra zeneca have managed to do what a broken leg and 2 c sections have failed to do and kept her bedridden.

At least I got to watch Battle of Britain again in peace there are some great scenes in that film repeat please with Barrry Foster and when one of the Foxes lands in the cold frame and the young lad brings him the cigarette tin "Thanks awfully old chap".

Oh well washing to fold up out of machine 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

No it was a song by the Strolling Bones.

Jamie

You learn something every day.  There was a cover of that song by Twice as Much on the Immediate label which may even have charted but I never knew till now that the Stones had recorded it.

Chris

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I have located a suitable place to put the layout when I collect it. It will mean moving/re-arranging some stuff but its in what I laughably call the layout room. Now to put the kettle on, be back later. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, polybear said:

Was it a weekend? :dontknow:

Retirement is an endless weekend :yahoo:

I'll have to ask my sister.  She retires on 1st April aged 62.  I expect to work until I'm 70.  Not sure how that happened.  

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Just looking through the kitchen cupboards I found a jar of home made ginger marmalade. When I opened the jar there was the reassuring 'pop' of the vacuum being released so I gave it a try, delicous.

• Like 14