The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Checking my cupboards I found a jar of honey that had gone sugary. I've placed it (with the lid firmly on) in some hot water and its partially gone back to normal. I'm not sure what to do with it, perhaps use it as a substitute for suger or treacle in a bread pudding?

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

30 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Checking my cupboards I found a jar of honey that had gone sugary. I've placed it (with the lid firmly on) in some hot water and its partially gone back to normal. I'm not sure what to do with it, perhaps use it as a substitute for suger or treacle in a bread pudding?

https://www.capilanohoney.com/au-en/faq/why-does-my-honey-go-all-lumpy-and-full-of-sugar

You can reconstitute it - flavour OK, so use as normal

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

https://www.capilanohoney.com/au-en/faq/why-does-my-honey-go-all-lumpy-and-full-of-sugar

You can reconstitute it - flavour OK, so use as normal

Thats what I have done. Honey is the only foodstuff that does not go 'off'. It can be kept at normal temperatures for literally years. It can also be used as an antiseptic.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The weather has been a bit mixed today, mostly sunshine but a few showers throughout the day. We had a couple of heavier downpours this evening. 

Over the last few days we’ve been constantly bombarded with leaflets asking if we want to sell your house? No we fecking don’t, needless to say these go straight in the recycling bag. 

This morning I was invited by the NHS to play poo sticks, always a joy, but this one’s over 6 months late! Down to Covid? 

I forgot t mention yesterday that in information leaflet inviting me to complete the census arrived, so I completed it as nothing will change between yesterday and next Sunday. 

Well my workbench is a little tidier and I’ve got room to work on those small gearboxes now! A start has been made, but only a start, most of my day has been spent looking for my servo tester, with fruitless results. I’ve obviously put it in a safe place, but can’t remember where that safe place is, you can bet your bottom dollar that if I buy a replacement, the missing one will turn up! There’s one set of drawers that I haven’t yet checked, so I’ll do that sometime next weekend, as tomorrow I’ll be spending indoors with Sheila, well it is her day tomorrow isn’t it?

Honey also works well on burns, it reduces pain and the itching and tightness of the skin that can follow (as recommended by Sheila) and helps the tissue to heal, leaving almost no trace of the burn!

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Wot? Not chuckinitdarn  here...yet!

Garden awash.. next door refuse to pump their dwarf wall foundations out as it is our fault ... erm our garden is lower than there garden.. still he is a bathroom fitter apparently so water must flow uphill.

Not a lot to do today. We think youngest Herbert may call by to drop off a Mothers Day card. Dr Eldest Herbert remembered to post one. This is something of a miracle of sorts.

Time to.. drink my mugatea..

Stay safe! 

Baz

• Like 17

So, The Sun shines on the righteous, and so it should, a beautiful calm morning down here in glorious Amp Sher.

Finish on here.

Ablutions.

Walk down for the paper.

Breakfast.

Bit more on here and catch up on F1 testing.

Out to the POD.

In at 11 for coffee and a small bit of cake.

Back in to set the table and pour the wine for Lunch,

Lunch.

Check eye lids.

???????????????:D

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

46 minutes ago, polybear said:

into the front room (that's a working-Bear term for "Lounge" or even "Sitting Room", more commonly used by the higher classes of Bear).  But this Bear can fix a puncture on a push-bike.....:laugh:

When I visit my mate we often ‘take tea in the parlour’. How posh is that?

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A dry and sunny start in North Somerset. Gone are the gales and heavy showers of the last couple of days. 

The water butt is still leaking, but not as much as before. I think a new one will be necessary. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Barry O said:

my skills in conducting "interview without coffee" means I can get him to realise what a complete skilless eediot he is

Ask him if he worked in Essex about 30 years ago. What I replaced in the bathroom yesterday was quite creative but really bad work. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

A dry and sunny start in North Somerset. Gone are the gales and heavy showers of the last couple of days. 

The water butt is still leaking, but not as much as before. I think a new one will be necessary. 

Have a look at Wilkinson's, I got my two from them, good quality.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1