The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if this is early or late... Still up pulling an all nighter patching Exchange servers for the latest Zero Day exploits (Hafnium).

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Morning one and all, from a sunny (!) Kernow.

Il D...... yes indeed they are......"A Constable, is a citizen, locally appointed who's authority is derived from the Crown."

I also took the Queens shilling ( not that I got one mind you).

If you want to know about the 'real' royal family....... ask one of the protection officers.

Lots could be told, if only they were allowed to but the threat of the Officl Secrets act hangs over like the sword of Damocles.

I joined up a sworn and avid Royalist.

My own experiences now lead me to republicanism, but then I'm a Celt ( correct spelling) and we are known to be rebellious :D

• Like 16
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Morning All,

I’m wondering if I made a mistake in getting the entry level Fender Tele instead of the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster 50s - which I also tried out. The difference between the two in playability was minimal, with the Squier perhaps having a very slight edge.  Still, once I get the Fender’s set up tweaked, I should be OK. Still, a bit annoying that even a quality brand like Fender still needs a set up “out-of-the-box” (in comparison: the David Gilmour Custom Shop Signature Strat was set up beautifully straight out-of-the-box [mind you, the DG strat cost a lot, lot, more than the entry level tele]). Some guitarists are very scathing about Custom Shop Signature models, but the way I look at it, I know it won’t make me play and sound like DG, but it does allow me to get a vintage quality instrument with great tonewoods etc. at a fraction of the price of what a real vintage guitar would cost.

Enjoy the day

iD

I still keep looking at my Squire Headstocks and then at Fender Adds. I have read many comments about top of the range Squire and lower end Fender, same as Epiphone / Gibson etc, but the name is also important, and once tweaked and set up to your preferred settings, I'm sure you will view it as a good purchase.

My Squire Daphne Blue Jazz is a 60's Classic Vibe. It feels and sounds wonderful and has the Fender Alnico Pick Ups and a fabulous neck, sounds and plays great with a good set up, so the question is, what's NOT to like? 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1