The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I've been packing trains and some tools to take out for a day with the club modular layout. There will also be Christmas lunch. The weather is rather pleasant at the moment, blue sky fluffy white clouds and not too cold.

Tony

Morning all. Popping over to Newcastle to see a friend before I jump back on the train to Edinburgh.

I was very croaky last night before I went to my old school's carol service in Durham Cathedral. Now my voice is completely shredded and I can barely talk this morning. Hurts to speak! I might need a gadget like Stephen Hawking's to talk to my friend in Newcastle today!

Best of luck to Mrs. B and best of luck to you Mick!

My boss gave up a few years ago - cor, flippin' 'eck. It was horrendous. You were best if you didn't approach her before eleven in the morning. Especially if something had gone wrong :rolleyes:

Good morning all.

As you know, I employ Elves to make my little dioramas.

Last night they asked for an increase in milk and custard creams.

When I got to the bottom of it, apparently they've received an alternative offer from the North Pole.

• RMweb Gold

Morning - bit of a mix here weather wise. Just got in after a the food and beer fest that is a sleepover at my daughter's. She and her husband are a very hospitable couple, and apart from having to sit through the X factor (make that sleep through the X factor) it was a good night. We also watched the remake of 'The Taking of Pelham 123' which, despite a not very good reception from the critics, I thought was an excellent film. John Travolta was good as usual, he really does make a scary villain. I spent the day yesterday driving 92212 through the Hampshire countryside, they sprang my driver assessment on me so had the loco inspector up all day. It was ok though, assessed as being in the top category, mind you the 9F is a very forgiving loco to drive so it probably helped me a bit being on 92212. This means I'm alright to drive for another two years, not 100% sure if the interest will last that long though. Gonna do some modelling now (Matalan catalogue - sorry, wrong sort of modelling), enjoy the rest of your weekend

Yep. It's gnome-made.

I wonder how long I can resist the temptation this time? Just go and console myself with David Bowie's classic song (the laughing some-thing-or-other)!

Must say that I didn't see a picture of the aforementioned ring - it must have pixie-lated!

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon.

I didn't wake up up until quite late this morning. Must be the after effects of a day of playing trains and eating Christmas lunch. Fortunately breakfast was delayed as well! Robbie eventually got his walk when the showers stopped. My wife has gone shopping. They have a "Secret Santa" scheme in her office and she has to find something that meets the criteria of "less than ??5, seasonal and is amusing". My wife asked what I wanted for Christmas and when I replied "socks" she is insisting that I have a train or something for my railway. Apparently Matthew wants some X box games, Itunes credits, ownership of an ice hockey team and Canadian citizenship. I'll have to work out which are the serious ones.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Fighting desperately hard to resist the temptation, but then the thought hit me - is an agreement between several Gnomes a poly-gnomial equation?

That looks like a likely conclusion to me. Do you, by any chance, have maths as a hobbit?