The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning, looks like I've got my work cut out with this lot, tough job but I'm the one to do it............................

DSC02809.JPG

If the task is too much for you help is available.  Just saying.

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Very late on parade this morning, mainly due to the lack on internet this morning, apparently the whole area was off! Also I had an early (8:50) appointment at the dentist, which thankfully went well and no work was necessary. Then it was home for breakfast and then a trip to Waitrose for some stuff that we can’t get locally. By the time I’d done that and had a brew it was gone 11:30! There are no plans for any sort of DIY activities today, so I’ll sit back and read the latest copy of BRM that dropped on the doormat last Friday and has remained unopened since then. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

I'm afraid I will be back at some stage to bore you all with more of my usual daily drivel.

Hope so soon as its a lonely job on my own (boring everyone else with daily drivel).:jester:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Although if you avail yourself of this advice, you may have to put up with unlooked for visits by bears and hippos

And do you think Big H or Bear would be that cruel and heartless to take advantage of a fellow ER'er in distress? :nono:

Hang on, this is cake we're talking about here....:yes:

Bear has just returned from a difficult and dangerous expedition to the local Arctic Tundra (ok, so it was village Co-op);  Er'ers may be amazed that Bear purchased NO cake, despite being devoid of such supplies.  A couple of packs of Hot Cross Buns and two packs (=4) Treacle Puds *may* have been rescued though...neither of which are classified as Cake - right?

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 11

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

And do you think Big H or Bear would be that cruel and heartless to take advantage of a fellow ER'er in distress? :nono:

Hang on, this is cake we're talking about here....:yes:

Bear has just returned from a difficult and dangerous expedition to the local Arctic Tundra (ok, so it was village Co-op);  Er'ers may be amazed that Bear purchased NO cake, despite being devoid of such supplies.  A couple of packs of Hot Cross Buns and two packs (=4) Treacle Puds *may* have been rescued though...neither of which are classified as Cake - right?

Now Mr Bear that all depends upon your interpretation of 'cake' doesn't it? Does it have a preserve in it? Yes. Is it made out of sponge? Yes. So what do we say now Mr Bear? Yes it is a cake.

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you tried to do and when you finish thinking about it we may send you a piece of cake if you apologise to the ER's. You naughty bear.

• Like 4
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

...snip... I was off first thing to redeem my FREE birthday coffee at Starbucks. Can't pass up FREE! ...snip...

You would drink that stuff?? :o  I feel sorry for your innards! :jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Barry O said:

@jamie92208.. for what heinous crime was the bird box sentenced to hang??:jester:

Baz

The main one was having been in the shed for several months and your truly not having got round to putting it up.  I think the conversation went along the lines of it's either the bird box or you.

Jamie

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday Ian!

In other news.. well.. not a lot has happened here today. I managed some more mudelling .. in preparation for house cleaning tomorrow.. pah!  The Shark will be wielded..

It appears that the might of German industry can now alter the laws of physics.. really!  Bit like german cars and pollution tests....problem is all the people in the UK who could explain this to the people in the decision making process have retired(!)  they will have to learn the hard way but are putting UK servicemen and women at risk...

Now, for tea it will be snake and ale pie with peas.. (I think). No puddings though (although we did have home made goosegog crumble  (no sugar in it at all!) last night.

Time to get tea ready.

TTFN

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

You would drink that stuff?? :o  I feel sorry for your innards! :jester:

54 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Hey... what part of FREE did you miss :jester::jester:

But would you drink cyanide if it were free? 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12