The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Where has everybody gone? It seems very quiet on RMweb at the moment even here on ER's.

Presumably, based on posts below, there was some kind of denial of service, though it did not impact me. Certainly very few posts in the daily cycle for ERs.

12 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Morning, couldn't post at all earlier.

12 hours ago, TheQ said:

Can I post yet? things most odd, maybe the forum doesn't like the March hare...

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all...

(Or should I say, "Ay up lads"?) 

Ah, Monday... despite occurring at predictable intervals, always seems to cause chaos in the world of work. 

After a rather pleasant weekend weather-wise, back to fatchy pogs and sea-poopers. Rather cooler as well, so no real surprise it were a bit murky. 

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was I saw two pair of sparrows and blue-tits gathering nesting materials. Mainly the dead bits of the alyssum. A second pair of sparrows were mating or fighting (I find it difficult to tell the difference!) Another sign of spring. Last year both sparrows and blue-tits nested in the big bushes on the boundary between us and the people at the bottom and brought up their broods in our respective back gardens. I won't poke about in case I disturb anything, but I wonder if it will happen again. It's certainly a good show from the back windows. 

@Barry O - I'll email you a list, thanks. I change the blog's list when things sell out but change the list on the original post rather than doing a new post. 

Night awl 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Busy day to day, though you can't really see that I've done much, a bit of the "G" word followed by a walk down to the small river that runs by the village, Trout fishing begins in a fortnight, so been checking it out, not too much winter flood damage this year. Sainsbugs delivered our food shop, not too many substitutes and delivery lad was as good as gold, so lots of treats to be had, began with a Madras curry with Onion Bhaajis and Poppadum's for my tea with mango chutney forgot to order beer or cider to wash it down, never mind.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear has (impacted?) wisdom teeth that have not fully developed

Apart from your infection risk(stated) you are lucky but have provided a non too pleasant memory.  My teeth have always been awkward and especially my wisdom teeth.  'They' decided that a general anaesthetic was required after seeing the X-ray.  Being a dentist phobe person that seemed a reasonable idea.  Once back in 'proper' consciousness I was informed that 'it had been a bit difficult to remove your wisdom teeth so you now have 22 stitches in your gums for a week or two'.  A day or two later a mirror was presented - Frankenstein had nothing on this one.

Seems funny now but long time friend also now in late 70s still has her wisdom teeth in place and has never had a problem with them.

• Friendly/supportive 18

Evening All,

Jonny777, in my line of work, pharmacy, if a patient has symptoms for more than seven days and is not responding to treatment  we recommend at visit to the doctors or in your case a dentist. This is especially true as the symptoms are getting worse, it may be a case of you putting off the inevitable and ending up with a much bigger problem. 
As for me, swmbo and myself were roped into home schooling the nephews. Anyone who teaches kids needs a medal, a bl00dy big one. Swmbo and myself have no children so have missed out on that aspect of life but I do remember helping (future)  bil, many years ago with revision for his O levels. He’s 16 years younger than  (the future) swmbo and she bought me a loco kit as a way thanking me. That’s 25years ago and I haven’t started the kit yet. 
The advantage of today’s arrangement is that Syd has stopped at our house for a sleepover but unfortunately where every he goes a sulphurous smell follows! If I don’t check in tomorrow, send a team in from Portnam Down to retrieve our bodies.

So perhaps a final goodnight,

Robert.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear has (impacted?) wisdom teeth that have not fully developed and can be prone to pain due to being difficult to clean properly and so food remnants can remain and cause infection; Dentist recommended the use of Cordosyl Mouthwash for such outbreaks (but not for regular use as it can cause teeth staining - don't drink tea or coffee when using it as this can make matters worse); much cheaper variants containing the same stuff (Chlorhexidine) are easily available and work just as well.  Does it's stuff, and (touch wood) Bear hasn't needed to use it for some years now.

Thanks for the tips about the mouthwash. I too have a couple of impacted wisdom teeth but they are further back than the 'problem area'. I have never had any problem with them anyway. I do get a lot of stuff caught in my teeth on the gum line as my gums have receded, a normal part of growing old, hence 'long in the tooth'.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15